1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

No Limits 1 - Axis Assignment

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by CoachKalk, Sep 15, 2014.

1. CoachKalk

CoachKalk Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I have a question about the No Limits 1 setup. I know only Heave, Surge and Sway are supported, so should I only divide the Axis %'s into those 3 selections? Leave Pitch and Roll out completely?

Thanks,
    Steve
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    I use 3/100 as in 3DOForces split into 100% of the total axis movement.

Axis 1 Sway 33 % Surge 33% Heave 33%
    Axis 2 ISway 33% Surge 33% Heave 33%

I is inverted as in ISway is Sway Inverted

For 2 DOForces I use 50%
    For 3 DOForces I use 33%
    For 4 DOForces I use 25%
    For 5 DOForces I use 20% for each Force

This way I use 100% of total Axis Movement available and if all setting peak hard like in a high speed crash , this is the only time I reach my max and min movements plus never loss any resolution of movements , once I have set my axis I then tune my Min and Max so to keep the Game Profile running a 100%.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CoachKalk

CoachKalk Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @eaorobbie - thanks for the info. I was thinking of doing just what you described, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
    Steve
  4. CoachKalk

CoachKalk Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @eaorobbie - I started per your recommendation - 34%Surge, 33%Heave and 33% Sway.
    First, and I know this may be a stupid question, but does it matter which order I entered them (Sway, Surge, Heave) or (Surge, Heave, Sway)?

After a few rides, my kids all voted that the vibrations and cornering were good, but the seat hardly moved for the inclines/declines. I assumed that was the Surge setting so I started tweeking.

I am currently at Surge 50%, Heave 15% and Sway 35%. My tuning center numbers are all very low - like 1 or 2, which I think should give me hard, fast movements.

So, either I have unrealistic expectations of what the inclines/declines should feel like or I have a setting whacked. Even with the current settings, the cornering is quite sharp and very fun.

Help/recommendations?

Thanks.
    Steve
  5. frenchfly

frenchfly Member Gold Contributor

Mold Maker
    Balance:
    - 296Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    That's because the plugin has no roll and pitch, having those 2 would make the game much better for movement IMHO. But I'm sure if it was possible they would have put it in. I was also expecting more from this game but for the reasons mentioned above it is lacking in motion.
  6. CoachKalk

CoachKalk Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I know that pitch and roll are not supported, but I am/was surprised at how well sway creates the roll effect. On the coasters that have a lot of turns, my seat is going bonkers. The same for the feature that causes the vibrations - my seat rattles my teeth. I am just wondering if the veterans have figured out the settings so Surge kind of/sort of mimics Pitch to the same degree Sway does for Roll.
  7. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,498Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    NoLimits is one of the better simulations for my joyrider. The rather slow but strong sway and surge effects are almost ideal for this type of platform
    [​IMG]
    It's really cool to ride these coasters ThumbUp.jpg
  8. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    @CoachKalk if possible , only if you have 2 screens attached as Im not too sure NoLimits can run in a window. Run the game with the tuning centre open and check in the green area, to what values are coming in, this is what I do when Im unsure of a min or max to set. Just watch the values, take note of its lowest and its highest and pick a value that is in the middle of them.
    Sorry I do not have the game installed at present on my machine.

Another way would be to do a reset of the min max in the Tuning Centre.
    Write down all the the Min Max setting you have in the Tuning Centre
    Press Capture
    Press Reset
    Don't apply the values.
    Let the Roller Coaster do a single run on a track that is doesn't have too big of inclines or drops.
    After run ,
    Apply the new settings and go for a ride, noting how the surge feels.
    Write down the new value for Surge and any other you may think is better than you had before.
    Reset Min Max and manually type in the old and new values and apply them.

Try those two options my friend.
    Hope it helps.
  9. AceOfSpies

AceOfSpies Living the Dream!

Balance:
    19,614Coins
    Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Hi @CoachKalk , this is just a personal preference. I set large percentages in "axis settings" to give the biggest movement possible - around 80-90%. This simulates, for me, the big climbs, drops and curves. At the same time I set the numbers in "Tuning Centre" not too low to avoid sharp movements. Most coasters are very smooth rides, and that's what I like. I found that sharp changes in attitude coupled with big movements made me fear for the integrity of my machine!
    Its all about experimenting with the numbers. We all want something different.

Mike :thumbs
  10. CoachKalk

CoachKalk Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @AceOfSpies - thank you for your suggestion. I had gone up to 50%, but based on your experience I am going to keep going higher to try it out.

Steve
  11. CoachKalk

CoachKalk Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Now we are talking! I increased the surge % up to 85% and only put Heave at 3% with the remaining 12% on Sway. I have the tuning center number lower for the heave and sway because of the lower percentages.

I also noticed some of the tracks just simply have more of the expected feel based on the design. I noticed the tracks with steep climbs gave a fast back feel, but then held it. Tracks with 2 or more rolling hills in a row gave the perfect feeling.

Thanks to everyone for their advice.
    • Like Like x 1