1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

NIXIM - Simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Fahim, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to NIXIM.com & X-Sim community very much :D

Pictures:
    xsim2.JPG xsim3.JPG xsim4.JPG xsim5.JPG xsim6.JPG xsim7.JPG xsim8.JPG xsim9.JPG xsim10.JPG xsim11.JPG xsim12.JPG xsim13.JPG xsim14.JPG xsim15.JPG xsim16.JPG xsim17.JPG xsim18.JPG xsim19.JPG xsim20.JPG

Video:

My cousin driving in F360 and yes even keeping the car on the track on first attempt of video :D . It was his camera we use to take shoots. That's why the picture is better quality than ones I took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DujSasf4i4I

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Original First Post----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P1010013.JPG

Dear Sirs,

I want to add scn5 actuators to this design. It is a NIXIM simulator (http://www.nixim.com)
    I have seen from 'marketspace' section that you can order the actuators without cable. This would save me $60 approx. Is it worth ordering without or do you suggest buying them. My father owns a electrical shop where he sells cables. I wonder are these special cables. If its alot of messing about I would rather pay the $60 and just buy it from the American company.

Regards.
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    From where do you have that price? 60$ for all 4 cables?

Regards
    Christian
  3. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Your right. I'm confused. I have just emailed Mirai. I am ready to order and I want to order the cables from them.

So that means I need from Mirai:

2 x i/o cable 3metres = $90

2 x serial cables from maraiintech.

Is this right?
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    2xserial 90Dollar
    2xI/O 90Dollar

total 180 Dollar for 4 cables.

So what is your calc for 60 Dollars?
  5. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sir,

I thought when I looked at the maraaitech purchase link from this website, that when you click i/o power cable that you get them for both actuators and that is all you need. And even that is just $45. I think I need to be more careful.

Your right it is $90 x 2. Thanks.
  6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sirs,

Is this positioning okay (and also pivot placing) for 100mm scn5 actuators.

P1010006.JPG P1010007.JPG
  7. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi,

the right distance from your pivot centerpoint is dependable from the whole weight of seat, driver and angles of the actuator arms to the seat. You can try to calculate everything out, but easier it is when you grab a friend to help you moving the seat when you sit in. So you can try different distances of the pivot until you find the balance of the seat, the point where you actuators can move with least stress moments.
  8. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    guys,

1) Universal land rover joint - can buy from Ebay - £10-15 english pounds.
    2) actuators collected yesterday - seem small in size
    3) usb adaptors which I've wired up. ( clever me)

Cheers.

universaljoint.JPG actuators.JPG usbrs485.JPG
  9. dean0

dean0 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looking good, where did you get scn5's from?
    Starting 1st cockpit scn5 cockpit build very soon, good luck bud :D
  10. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Got them from miraiintertech. Google scn5 -I think thier one of the top sellers.
  11. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My dad made me this case for the rs485 usb adaptor. He said get it trademark patent. :lol: Just a simple junction box for wires made from cheap pvc plastic so it is easy to cut with stanley knife. rs485case2.JPG rs485case1.JPG rs485case3.JPG
  12. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    We should make some X-SIM stickers to decorate such simple boxes. Looks clean :)
  13. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I would love to put x-sim logo on and then show you guys the picture.

I want to make the simulator then do a Video with a big X-sim banner thanking you guys for the help.

I am nearly finished. I just need confirmation if the ilk circuit is right which I have posted on the scn5 Hardware thread.

This is my stumbling point. Once I have done this all I need to do is install X-sim2 on my PC, then I will put the scn5 actuators on the table like you guys first did and show it working.

I do not want to operate the scn5's until I have done the ilk circuit properly. Egoexpress has explained to me about 6-7 times how to do it but I cannot understand as firstly I do not understand electrics even though I studied it at college :rofl:

But yeah if we could determine a suitable adaptor for all people then we can use these boxes and put x-sim logo on them and it can be standard. It is better than adaptors just being stuck on the side of something.

This looks a little neater. Cheers guys.
  14. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

I managed to power up my scn5 actuators. Thier sat on the table.

I started up Profiler and the scn5 actuators came out to middle position at the same time. I then loaded up MasterYoda Profile.

It then came up with the box: I have attached the picture: prob1.jpg

Interface section - Output table = it shows both actuators.

Also force sender. DO I need to download a plugins for it to operate with profiler program?

Attached Files:

15. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    You do not need to download anything additional. Also, please disable all plugins except for SCN5Serial. Also, disable PNP Hardware detection. This may help X-Sim to crash less often for you under Vista.
  16. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I've done what you said.

Look at the second picture. In the INPUT table - nothing is listed. Maybe the rs485 adaptors USB not been detected.

My actuators work, they show in output table. But I do not know what to do from there.
    When I open force sender program which game excable do I choose.

When I select anything and try send data to profiler. it comes with error like buffer.dll & Yoda will be disabled

prob3.jpg prob4.jpg prob5.jpg
  17. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sirs,

Right I have managed to get into the game now so that is good news.

This is my steps taken.

1: Start Force sender and choose rfactor plugin. It then automatically choose the exe in the game excuatable

2: I open up force profiler and my actuators go in and then back to normal position.

I then check that 25% limit is enabled. (Masteryoda profile, I assume is still loaded from last time.

3: I then press STart on force profiler.

4: I then press play game on force sender and the game comes on:

I choose the BMW INtel F1 car and start racing.

When I am racing nothing is happning :rofl: haha.

I do have to add when ever I load up the Masteryoda profile it comes up with the one or more interfaces could not be found
  18. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    The left actuator position has to be exchanged with your left actuator position named scn a2000xxx or something, the same with the right ...
  19. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you mean: Look at the picture. It shows me 6 options prob6.jpg
  20. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That is strange. The problem seem to have sort it self out.

All I did was rename the actuators: Left actuator and right actuator.

And when I load up Masteryoda profile, the interface not found message does not come up anymore.