1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Nextion (Enhanced) LCD Displays for Arduino

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by OZISEB, Mar 15, 2017.

1. OZISEB

OZISEB It'll be a long slow process but I will get there!

Senior New Vehicle Sales
    Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone used the Nextion LCD Touch-screens yet? https://www.itead.cc/wiki/NX4827K043
    They seem to only require Gnd/+/Tx/Rx (4core) cabling and have their own software to design dash screens (multiple) with button inputs for various functions displayed on-screen. So my plan with my wheel is to have screen/buttons/encoders/5-way hat switch (ala playstation joystick) on the wheel to run in-game/in-race functions. Am now trying to decide which Arduino (or equivalent) to run the setup. My question is, how many USB inputs can I run with the various sims & should I run this setup into a button box (which will also be built to handle 'other' functions/Load-cell handbrake/sequential shifter/pedals with one USB output) knowing there will be an input from the direct-drive (or similar) wheel base. Also, would anyone know which Arduino has the most I/O? Have been thinking about the Due but seems limited by only allowing 3.3v on I/O yet things like the LCD/Adafruit neopixel RGB LED want 5V. Am I getting things completely wrong...?
  2. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,401Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I have 1 USB2 HUB 10port with 9 connected devices and a USB3 HUB 8 port with 4 devices connected to it plus everything plugged into my motherboard USB's also.
  3. OZISEB

OZISEB It'll be a long slow process but I will get there!

Senior New Vehicle Sales
    Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Craig. So, I shouldn't be too concerned with the total number of USB inputs I will eventually have once the Wheel/s, Steering hub (fingers crossed will be Direct-Drive of some description), button boxes - one will be the hub for in-game controls/pedals/gearshift/loadcell handbrake with the other taking on the job of general PC items like fan controller, power/reset switches, water pumps (yep will be a watercooled PC) etc.

Have you any experience with the various Arduino based boards & which you'd personally recommend for each part of a project like this?