1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

New user and some questions

Discussion in 'Forum and Website' started by Nickb, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Nickb

Nickb New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

This is my first post and I want to congratulate everybody involved with this site. There is a lot of great info here!!!!

I work with electronics and I am looking to build a Rock N Ride or something similar. Is there any plans to build a Rock N Ride? Do you know the original Rock N Ride Cylinders(maximum stroke, sensors and diameter) , valves(frequency) and compressor(pressure) specifications? I just want to understand the whole system.

Where can I fid the boar schematic for the USB controller?

What is the enhanced specifications for use it with X-sim(Cylinders, valves and compressor)?
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Nickb,

Welcome!

The cylinders lenght is 300mm and the bore is 50mm. Recommended air pressure is ~2-6bar. 2 silent airbrush compressors should do the job.

There are no plans to build a RnR, but I think the overall design is obvious. As I think that you wont use the original seat, you have to design a new frame, that fits your seat and cylinders anyway.

You should use the Velleman USB Interface for pulsmode pneumatic. Proportional valve control is not ready yet.

Waldemar has got a RnR assembling instructions pdf. He wants to build a RnR like sim as well.

regards
    Christian
  3. Nickb

Nickb New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello!! Thanks a lot for replying.
    I will buy the cylinders. Regarding the valves, I read a lot about the festo valves, but do you know anything about SMC valves? I am asking about the SMC, because the company I work for have an account with SMC with great prices.
    Regarding the controller, I am looking foward to build one to control 3 or 4 axis. As I am a programmer and I also develop hardware, maybe I can contribute. I was thinking of using a different method to control the position of the cylinders other than pots.

Do you know if the code for the X-Sim R'n'R USB Interface is open source? And do you know if the X-sim force profiler code is also open source? So I can start to add more axis to the software and to the controller too!
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    SMC valves and equipment are as good as Festo for our purposes. If you can grab them cheaper, then take them.

There is no need for you to make code for more axis, as the Profiler2 has them already. Infinit axis.
    As well proportional controlling with Velleman interfaces and others is available. But as long Sirnoname has not enough beta-testers, he wont release it.

We are pleased about any help devloping the X-Sim software modules and hardware and help on beta testing. There is much room to contribute. If you want to help them you should talk to Sirnoname. But please wait just a few days more, until you are a little more familiar with the X-Sim project. Please note that we are non-commercial.

You should start to build your simulator frame for now.
    Keep us updated!

Regards
    Christian
  5. Nickb

Nickb New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi!!

Thanks again for the tips!! I sent a PM to Waldemar. I hope to get a reply from him regarding the frame! When I finish the frame, I I will contact Sirnoname!!!

Regards,

Nick