1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

New project here. Some doubts

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by jimiTES, Oct 5, 2009.

1. jimiTES

jimiTES New Member

Balance:
    - 45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello again!

I began one year ago to think about building a 2DoF motion simulator with X-sim soft. In this time i have built my motion-ready cockpit, made with alluminium profiles and i have prepared a pc to control de sim. Today i´m conecting both pc´s (game pc and control pc) to start trying X-sim2.

Now i´m going to begin with the mecanics and although i´ve been reading the forum hard i have a lot of questions.

As I undertand i have 3 options:

DC Motors with Thronic cards (cheapest??)
    Neumatics with Velleman k8055
    SCN5 actuators with the adapters

Neumatic is not suitable for me. So two options left:

¿Where do they sell the more affordable scn5 actuators?. But I would rather prefer to build a DC Motors setup but i feel like if i was missing some info on how to get it right, mainly with the controller card build.

Thank you all for this great forum and excuse me for my bad english.