1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Network related question...

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Schnullerbacke, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Schnullerbacke

Schnullerbacke New Member

Photographer / Videographer
    Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

one question: My game PC and my control PC (for the profiler) are connected with a crossover network RJ45 cable. The internet connection on both PCs works with WLAN.

In the new house, my office and sim-room is in the basement. The AVM Fritz!Box router is on the ground floor. Unfortunately the WLAN range isn't strong enough to work with WLAN in the basement.
    So I've laid a cable from the ground floor to the basement and wanted to use a network switch there for my PCs. Now I'm wondering if I should use a second network controller for both PCs (one for the crossover cable connection between profiler-PC and sender-PC, and the second for internet connection) or if there is any chance to connect the LAN cable from the new Fritz!Box on the ground floor with the old Fritz!Box (7170) in the basement. Does this work ? Could I use the second Fritz!Box then as a WLAN station ?

I know - this sounds a little bit confused, but I hope you understand what I'm planning resp. what I'm asking for...
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Chris,

you can extend the range of your w-lan when you switch one FritzBox to the repeater modus. One FritzBox bahaves as regulare DSL router, the otherone receive the w-lan signals of it and extend the signal, so you can recieve the signals in the upper rooms. Look here for more information:
    http://www.avm.de/de/Service/FAQs/FAQ_S ... 12720.php3

Br
    René
  3. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi René,

thanks a lot - I already knew, that you can use the Fritz!Box as a WLAN-repeater. Is the new Fritz!Box on the ground floor still useable with WLAN then ?

I don't know wether the WLAN can go through the ceiling - it's very strong. That's the reason why I wanted to use a LAN cable to connect both Fritz!Box 7170 and 7270. The question is, how I can configure the second Fritz!Box 7170 in the basement as a WLAN router !?

We want to use our laptops in the ground floor and the two PCs in the basement with WLAN... okay, confusing again.. :?
  4. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Ist echt etwas konfus beschrieben :)

Also, Du hast im Erdgeschoss deine Fritzbox, die als DSL Router funktioniert? Nehme an, die DSL Leitung liegt in der Nähe vom Router. Nun hast Du eine Fritzbox im Keller per LAN Kabel mit der Fritzbox im Erdgeschoss verbunden?

In dem Fall vergiss den Repeatermodus, den brauchst Du nicht. Crossoverkabel zwischen Profiler und Sender PC brauchst Du auch nicht, ebensowenig eine zweite Netzwerkkarte oder einen zusätzlichen Switch.

Da Du nun weisst was Du nicht brauchst, gehts weiter:

Deine Fritzbox im Keller arbeitet schon als switch, wenn Du den uplink port für die Verbindung beider Boxen verwendest (Der Port ist bei den Routern meist mit Wan beschriftet und hat eine andere Farbe als die übrigen Ports).

In dem Moment, wenn Du Deine PC´s im Keller per LAN an die Box anschliesst müsste der Internetzugang schon funktionieren, und alle PC´s untereinander anpingbar sein. Wenn Du das W-LAN der KellerBox nutzen willst, deaktivierst Du in der KellerBox DHCP : https://www.administrator.de/images/art ... 5-dhcp.jpg

Weise der KellerBox eine feste IP aus dem gleichen Adressbereich zu z.b. 192.168.1.x und richte den W-LAN zugang ein:

WPA2 Verschlüsselung,Passphrase, SID (Namen des W-Lans)

In der Netzwerkumgebung der PC´s aus dem Keller stellst Du TCP/IP auf folgende IP Adresse verwenden. Systemsteuerung ->Netzwerkverbindungen -> W-LAN Adapter -> Eigenschaften -> TCP/IP -> Eigenschaften

und weisst deinen W-Lan Adaptern feste IP´s zu aus dem gleichen Adress-Bereich zu. Gateway und DNS sollten die IP´s der fritzbox aus dem Ergeschoss sein.
    fritz.png

Wenn Du Hilfe brauchst können wir ne Teamviewer Sitzung starten.

Natürlich muss der Internetzugang im Erdgeschoss schon funktionieren und die ErdgeschossBox ordentlich eingerichtet sein.

Grüße
    René
  5. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also auf deutsch klingt das tatsächlich alles ganz logisch :hi: - vielen Dank für Deine SUPERTIPS !!!

Wenn ich Dich richtig verstanden habe, läuft dann alles - sprich X-Sim Profiler/Sender und Online-Game - über eine Verbindung, die in diesem Falle WLAN ist ? Weil Du geschrieben hast, daß ich das Crossover nicht brauche... Dann könnte ich aber auch LAN nehmen, das geht zuverlässiger und schneller... ich war nur der Meinung, X-Sim und Onlinezugang sollten getrennt sein (so habe ich das jetzt).

Auf Dein Angebot mit Teamviewer bzw. Hilfe per Mail oder Phone oder wie auch immer werde ich gerne zurückkommen...

Wennst magst, kannst mir auch gerne per Mail weiterschreiben - da komme ich unterwegs leichter dran.

Danke Dir nochmal + viele Grüsse aus dem Umzugskartonchaos :cheers: