1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Need purchase advice for tactile transducers

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by RiggityRake, Oct 10, 2017.

1. RiggityRake

RiggityRake New Member

Balance:
    141Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am new, so apologies if this is not in the right place.

Wondering what suggestions might be for the following-
    I have an openwheeler seat cockpit with two aura transducers installed on the back left and right using their supplied kit. For the front, I have cut small square pieces of wood which attach to the underside of the plate where the pedals rest using a wood screw and washer to prevent it from slipping through the slits in the pedal plate. Then the shakers have been affixed to the bottom of both the left and right front wooden squares to complete the chassis model.

I am using simvibe in chassis mode currently, and ideally I would like to incorporate the extensions including the pedals and seat. Because of my cockpit, I cannot just attach any transducer directly to my seat without damaging the fabric itself (even then there's nothing to really hold it up) unless it is minimal and compatible with 3M in which case it could fit in the space within without making the seat cushion bulge. My initial thoughts were to spring for some pretty cheap and accessible transducers like the pucks. I had also planned on two decently cheap 2x25W RMS amps for these shakers since they are rated 20W and peak 30W.

The pucks can easily attach behind between the cushion of my seat and the seat cover (theres no board or anything just the frame and back cushion for back support) using 3M tape (very close to my body despite lower power), and also because since these are so small I can try to get them as close to the pedals as possible as opposed to placing them on the back of the t3pa:p (inverted pedals).

Will two of these either two near my spine, or one near spine and one directly under seat as well as two near the pedals exert enough force for my needs? Or would you suggest something different? Thanks!