1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Need help wiring SCN5s

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by RMVS Team, May 2, 2017.

1. RMVS Team

RMVS Team New Member

Balance:
    136Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN6, Arduino, 4DOF
    I am having trouble getting SCN5 linear actuators working with SimsTools (v 1.3) and TBVST (v 4.52).

I am following the tutorial listed in the FAQs section. I have wired up everything as described...

ButtonWiring.png RS485toSCN5.png SCN5_14Pins.png RS485_ConnectionsAndConverter.png RS485_Connections.png

My PC is able to detect the RS485 converter on Com 5 with FTDI driver version v2.12.26.

FTDI_Port.PNG

However, when I attempt to change the ID to 0 for the SCN5 linear actuators, I've received an error message.

SetPort.PNG Failure.PNG

I can confirm that both the Tx and Rx LED lights turn on when attempting to connect.

Am I using the right TBVST software (downloaded from automation4less)? Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    it seems that yiu are using 3 terminals on the switch .

use a very simple switch for you test with 2 poles . or use only 2 on that one or better use switch used for your walls with 2 simple poles

i believe all the confusing part is that
  3. RMVS Team

RMVS Team New Member

Balance:
    136Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN6, Arduino, 4DOF
    Thanks for your response abs.

I was able to get the RS485 chip to communicate with TBVST and MVST Servomotor Configurator by switching the + and - wires on my RS485-USB adapter (*... them clones...*). I followed Mif's instructions to change the ID of the linear actuator to 0 using the MVST software (see "How to convert your Frex SCM to SimTools - Updated", page 9).

When plugging the linear actuator in, I can hear the motor becoming engaged. However, I still can't get the linear actuator moving (manually) with SimTools.

My following set-up for 1 linear actuator test:

AxisAssignment.PNG AxisLimiting.PNG Interface1.PNG Mouse.PNG

What do you guys suggest?

Attached Files:

• MVST.PNG
      MVST.PNG
      File size:
      65.3 KB
      Views: