1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Need help Buying parts for 2dof build

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Game-on, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Game-on

Game-on New Member

Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello all, new guy here.

Im looking for some much needed info.

I've been doing some research about motion sims and got a pretty good understanding of how it works

Right now I'm in the parts lists stage.

So here what i got so far;

2x 20:1 180rpm 250w worm gear motor
    2x Psu server power supplies.
    2x32 sabertooth.

Picking the drivers was not an easy decision. I was originally going to go with jrks but after reading that they fail over time, their price to me doesn't justify its purchase..

And imo jrk g2 is still up in the air as to how durable they are. Again, can't justify that gamble.

So u decided on the sabertooth driver based on my research on how durable they are.

Now I'm kind of stuck on the next stage.. id like to run the sabertooth with kangaroo x2 to keep the high resolution that the jrk's provide. But i can't seem to find any info on how to set it all up. Or even if it good at all.

I haven't made the purchase yet. I have no problem using arduino. But again, would prefer the higher resolution over running with the uno.Just want to get an idea if the kangaroo is a good option.

I'm a diy kind of guy so the work doesn't bother me.

Also, can i run sabertooth with two psu server in parrallel, or would one be fine.

Another question; using the 25:1 motors. What would be the most efficient way to mount them.

My build is intended to be a seat mover. Space isn't an issue. I would like to keep the current height of my rig.
    I understand that if i go with front and under mounted motors, the seat will raise quite a bit. Not a big deal. But anything over 9 inches would cause me to modify the rig to be better fitting.

Whereas if i went with a rear mounted shoulder, the seat can more or less sit where it currently fits. ( its raised from the platform about 10 inches)

What are your suggestion, benefits? If any.
    Im looking for the most effiecient way to get the most of of the motors without to much strain on them.

Are their any other boards that provide the same resolution as the jrk's?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area