1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Graphics

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by Fahim, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know if NFS hot pursuit on pc has better graphics than F1 2010 using a high end card?

Thanks.
  2. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Different type of graphic. F1 is closer to natural look of the enviroment overall. NFS is nice but more like colorful entertainment. Everything is more beautyful then naturall - if you know what i mean. If you need fun and joy the NFS is the one like but if you going for more Pro experience - that is what you will get from F1.
  3. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I downloaded nfs Shift. Graphics impressive but not as good as f1 2010. Your right that has natural look. I think GTR3 will be impressive with these new graphic engines.
  4. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Post some info about GTR3 if you already got.
  5. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Henrik Roos on Simbin Financial Troubles & Future
    Posted on November 28th, 2010 in Other Sim Racing

A few days ago, an article in the Swedish newspaper Expressen stated that Simbin is in serious financial trouble as board member & investor Peter Wallenberg pulled out of the company following licensing issues and unsuccessful business ventures such as the expansion to the Xbox 360 gaming platform.

The article mentions developments costs between 50 to 100 million Swedish kronor (5-10 million Euros) that have been funded by investors such as Wallenberg and suggested major debt at Simbin following Wallenberg’s departure.

Now, Simbin CEO Henrik Roos has responded to the matter in an interview with Realtid.se, offering some perspective on the Expressen article. Roos clarifies that even though Simbin suffered from the economic crisis as have most companies, the company’s financial situation is not as bad as reported earlier.

Despite dropping sales from 66.5 million kronor (6,5 million Euros) in 2008 to 24 million (2,4 million Euros) in 2009, the company has gone through reorganisation and has secured more than four million Euros of new capital for future business.

Regarding the future, Roos confirms that Simbin will be releasing an all-new title in the fall of 2011, featuring a brand-new graphics engine. Since no releases are planned beforehand, we can be sure that this is new the GTR title that Simbin announced back in March.

http://www.virtualr.net/henrik-roos-on- ... es-future/
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know this is an old post, however, remember consoles has specifically designed cpu's to handle some of the graphics operations, as the gpu chipset is based on a 7800gt on a playstation and a x1900 ati on a xbox360. Normally console games would project a 1920 x 1080 picture size, but not necessarily that resolution. Also the grahpics are usually little to no aa, low to meduim quality detail.
    Consoles cpu's would collapse under a windows OS, so the run a linux style OS.
    I have only had a chance to compare a few first person shooters on a 46lcd with quality difference between console and pc. Granted I am running a GTX 560ti, but there is a very noticeably difference in quality between the two. I'd say if you haven't done already, there would be a quality improvement on the pc. I play NFS Hot Pursuit some times and it looks great on pc. I just wish I could get some motion from it!
    Cheers, David.