1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Need Advice Please - New Member

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Wizzard, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Wizzard

Wizzard Member

Balance:
    373Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys

I just recently found this amazing site. I enjoy using my cockpit for racing simulations. I have been tempted to change my simulator to a motion DIY one. I was wondering is it possible to get one done for about $1000 cdn? Is there any in that range?
    I leave in montreal, canada, would it be possible to find one finished?
    Is it possible to find a motion simulator(that someone on this board has created) and give out the details on how they have done it?
    I am not very handy when it comes to builting but i can manage. I am more worried about getting the software to work with the sim. I am not sure if this is the forum i need to ask for help but if any one can direct me to something that is for NOOBS, i would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    As a community, we have not done alot to help document and summarize our progress for noobs. This is something that I am working on. There are many different types of simulators being contemplated, design and built by members of these forums.

I myself am mostly interested in the SCN5 electric actuator based project, and I have designed and built my own cockpit and seat assembly. The actuators alone cost me nearly $1000 including shipping. I spent around $300 on the remaining miscellaneous parts. However, I did not use low-cost materials. It should be noted that my simulator is not yet complete , and is pending a new software release that will support my SCN5 actuators.

I do not know alot about pnuematic simulator designs, but severals folks here have built them, the software is ready for them, and I believe that is can be achieved for under $1000. I have also heard of people selling pnuematic simulators of different sorts here in these forums

The best advice that I can offer for now, is take some time, look around and decide what type of simulator you really desire.
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Currently there are only two reasonable options in your price range, I think.

Either a racing simulator with SCN5 actuators, or a racing/flying simulator with wiper motors like TronigGr' Joyrider.

Regards
    Christian
  4. Wizzard

Wizzard Member

Balance:
    373Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info guys. I actually exchanged a few emails with TronigGr.
    The ideal thing would be to find someone who is selling their project as i am not sure where to start. I will continue looking over this forum for as much detail as possible. My main worry is where to start.
    Once again thanks for the advice.
    MK