1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Need a PCB-Layout

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by Michael N., Apr 16, 2009.

1. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    i need some Help. Can someone make me a PCB-Layout from the following PDf-Files.
    It is easier for me to solder the Plate with a PCB-Layout. :)

1. Circuit Overview
    2. Cirquit Diagram

It`s a PCB for a DIY Coolant Float Sensor for a MGF. My new Toy for the Summer :clap: 8)
  2. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    :hi: :brows:
  3. Senetor

Senetor Member

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael N.

I may be able to help if you give me a few days.
    Just a few questions about the project.

Is it going to be mounted in a plastic box.
    Is it mounted under or on the dash of the car.
    Do the variable resistors need to have knobs or can they be minitures on the PCB so the circuit can be setup and forgotten about.
    Are the two 100K variable resistors a dual device or separate devices.
    Are you going to etch and drill the PCB yourself.

Regards Senetor.
  4. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That would be nice Senetor if you can do that for me. :clap: and i have still time to wait :yes: .
    Yes it would be mounted in a plasticbox.
    The variable resistors do not need knobs.
    The PCB would make a PCB etching-service or can i make it first with a raster plate and some cables for testing?. If i need more PCB for other MGF friends, maybe i need the PCB-Layout for the PCB etching-service.
    HERE you can find some more Informations an Pictures about that. I hope all questions was answered :? .

Michael
  5. Senetor

Senetor Member

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael N,

Nearly there, here's a preview of where I'm at so far. It measures about 51mm X 31mm.
    Coolant Sensor Delay.GIF
    Just a couple of questions,
    In the photo of the circuit in the blue box, there is a red polyester capacitor , the value of these only go up to about 3.3uf and in the circuit diagram it says it's value is 100uf , so obviously this must be a misprint , have you any more details on this project.

Regards Senetor.
  6. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    thank you for your work till now :thbup: . I have no contact to the owner of the page. I sent an E-Mail to him, but no response.
    I ask someone another an he say, that the picture of the cirquit in the blue box was the prototype and perhaps the capacitor was changed to a ceramic capacitor (10uf-100uf). He think the capacitor is against high frequency Glitches, thus usual operating voltage buffering on the Paltine.
  7. Senetor

Senetor Member

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael N,

This is what I have finished up with.
    Coolant Sensor Delay.GIF
    I have put the Sprint Layout .lay file in the Rar with the rest of the files.
    Coolant Sensor DelayPCB.rar
    Coolant Sensor Delay.rar
    If you download Sprint Layout 5.0, do a Google search, and you can open the .lay file and have a play yourself.

Regards Senetor.
  8. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much Senetor :thbup: :cheers: .
    Do you think a capacitor of 0,1uf is enough?.
  9. Senetor

Senetor Member

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael N,

It looks to be a filter cap for the incoming 12v, it already has got the 100uf cap and as you were saying this 0.1uf is for the high frequency ripple.

Regards Senetor.