1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

my racing sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by xfile, Sep 15, 2008.

1. xfile

xfile New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys!

Just to share with you my racing sim.
    I wanted to have a seat with motion but it is very hard to build one unless you have someone to help you with the mechanical parts... :( TronicGr tried to convince me, but it isn't that easy :( although im open to sugestions :)
    ok, going to show you some pictures and a little video i've made on youtube :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG] some updates... :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcEFCbGTgOoand now the movie :)

Hope you can advice me with some motion seat alternatives (eassssyy ones) hehe

Xfile
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't help it... :blush:

Back to motion simulation stuff:
    If you ever been in a theme park motion rider, even those that you watch a rollercoaster movie, you will know why motion is so precious in simulators... Just to mention that after that first ride I had (many years ago), I purchased a MS sidewinder FF2 Joystick to fly MS Flight Simulator 98 with force feedback!!!!!

Thanos
  3. xfile

xfile New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i beleive !!!
    I also bought at the time the first driving wheel from microsoft, i beleive it the micrsoft sidewinder (the first one) hihi!
    but, do you know of a site that explains only how to use motion to the seat? i am really looking forward to build a motion seat on this :( :( :(
    please please help!!!! :sos:
  4. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi xFile,

welcome at x-sim. Nice looking driver´s desk :D I like the horizontal fan ;D

Yes, that would be x-simulator.de 8) But be serious..maybe a 2DOF setup like egoexpress simforce gt would be the most suitable one for you. I think, a kind of simulator as Thano´s joyrider would be too big for your room space, or do u have another room for a motion simulator?

You can recreate Thanos AMC Interface and use whipper motors for the movements or you wait until the implementation of the SCN5 actuators (the same Frexx use) into the x-sim software package is done.That would be the easiest but also the moste expensive way of building your motion sim.

regards
    René
  5. xfile

xfile New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks René for your answer...
    Now that I've gathered some money and time to do it, I'm now starting to research and found out that i wanted a wiper motor or a SCN5 actuators.

I'm more interested in the SCN5 actuators since they save me time to make the electronical boards etcetc (am i right?)...
    Do you know to who or where do I buy 2 of those? Are those very expensive?
    Which post should I follow as a reference to my project?

Now a silly question: when you say frexx which model are you referring to? I've read that word somewhere, but right now i'm not associating which one it is ? :blush:
    Hope to ear from you or tronic, since you guys are the BEST on helping noobs like me! :)
    Again thank you and as you can imagine i will have more questions as i go along my new project!

Thank you for your time!!
    Pedro Nery
  6. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
  7. xfile

xfile New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Ringorumble!

To start, I think i am going to buy the 2 scn5, so when i get them, there is no turning back... :D

If I buy 2 SCN5 for 325$ as it is in http://www.miraiintertech.com, which is the post in X-Sim that is best for me to follow having in consideration my already built project?

1 ) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1528&view=next
    or
    2 ) scn5-hardware-thread-t1083.html ?

when you say frexx, what are you referring to? I've read that word somewhere, but right now i'm not associating? :(

I am planning to post everything step by step in Portuguese, since i've found nobody that speaks Portuguese. That might be helpful!

All advices will be grateful since maybe i'm probably wrong in some aspects....

Sorry for the noob questions

Regards
    Pedro Nery
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The SCN5 you are mentioning are most likely the 50mm ones. But these are too short. You need at least the 100mm ones.

Regards
    Christian
  9. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have not attached these hooks but I am thinking this is best way too attach the scn5 actuators.
    They might need a plate behind them as they are small. But you can maybe get bigger size and the seat cobra monico has metal back which you can drill through. hook.jpg
  10. xfile

xfile New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hi Egoexpress!

Now i'm confused. I read bvillersjr's post (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1528&view=next), and he said:
    I went to http://www.miraiintertech.com/home/scn5.php and got the following description as you can see in the file attachted. And already sent an e-mail to them to confirm the measures....

Which is the post in X-Sim that in your opinion is a good solution for me to read after buying the actuators?

1 ) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1528&view=next
    or
    2 ) scn5-hardware-thread-t1083.html

when you say frexx, what are you referring to? (Sorry for the idiot question)

Thanks!
    Pedro Nery

Attached Files:

11. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    It was a typo most likely. Mirai sells the 100mm ones for 400Dollar.

You can get them a little cheaper from http://www.frex.com/gp
    But I dont know if they provide product warranty if they know that you are not using them with their motion hardware.
    As well they have other type of connector for power supply.

It's up to you, but I would propose to rather order the 100mm ones from Mirai, if you asked me.
  12. xfile

xfile New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ego!

Of course I will order from Mirai. I'm sure you know more than me on this subject! lol
    btw, can you help in giving me reference of which posts i should read in order to do my homework?

I know this post is good to read because it talks about the hardware of the SCN5 scn5-hardware-thread-t1083.html

Do you know of a good manual to follow? Building the structure with details?

Thanks
  13. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0