1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My precious 2 DOF simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by hb kim, Jun 16, 2017.

1. hb kim

hb kim Member

Balance:
    602Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    It has been almost 3 years since I built my own 2dof motion chair..
    the work was really interesting. look on my works mighty, and despair...haha

I bought SCN5-010 from Frex in Japan cause I heard that it is easy to setup with Simtools. it was expensive but good.

scn test.jpg

and I bought rs485 to usb converter to connect SCN motor to my computer and 24v-350w power supply.

frame1.jpg

The most challenging thing was.. how to mount seat on the motor.. so I tried to draw what I imagined

universal.jpg

this is the universal joint.. I grinded off stick-out part so that I can stick it with the frame completely.

joint and seat.jpg

drilling, grinding, sanding.. it was hard but interesting.. I realized this is what I like to do.. finally I found what I can do well..hahaha

I used aluminium profile for the frame.. I don't know what you guys call this kind of bars, we call it profile in Korea..

connections.jpg

to connect SCN motors and seat, I drew some connecting parts. it has to be strong enough to bear person's weight, so I chose hard-metal.

this is my first version.
    basic.jpg

and I put steering wheel, handbrake and some analog inputs now..

now.jpg
    and here is the video..

• Like Like x 1