1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question My 3DOF goes crazy with TrackIR 5

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Doctor Kruntz, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz Active Member

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Hello to all the fans...

I wanted to ask if anyone uses TrackIR 5 motion head together with his dynamic platform.
    I simulate with a 3DOF motion system (ProSimu) and a SimTools v2.0 Professional License.

The movements are always perfect in various games simulator but yesterday, after buying and installing the TrackIR 5 hardware and software, using various driving games I noticed that the movement of the 3 actuators no longer responded as before...
    The movements of the 3DOF were slow and out of time and synchronous, while the movement of my head (and the corresponding movement inside the various cars) was right.

I did several different tests without any positive results... the 3DOF seemed crazy while the TrackIR 5 worked well, but with the wrong movements of the actuators it is not possible to simulate!

So I decided to uninstall TrackIR 5 (hardware and software) and my 3DOF motion system is back to normal, with all the movements that perform exactly the roughness of the ground and the stresses of the cars.

At this point I wonder if it is necessary to make some particular settings to be able to use together a 3DOF dynamic platform and the TrackIR 5.
    If someone has encountered these same problems, how did he solve it?
  2. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,248Coins
    Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Oh no!

Since not every title supports VR, I'm considering purchasing Track IR 5 soon as well, so this is not good news.

Have you tried running SimTools v2.0 on a separate PC or laptop and having it communicate via the network or a x-over cable?

I've been reading that it's possible and may offload some of the work, which may in turn help with the conflicts you are mentioning.
  3. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz Active Member

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    No Problem... I solved everything :thumbs
    I discovered it was just a problem related to the light came from a window positioned just behind the TrackIR 5 that evidently interfered with the sensors.
    I proceeded to obscure the light coming from the window and now the TrackIR 5 works without any problem ;)
  4. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,248Coins
    Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    That's great news.

It just goes to show that sometimes the simplest solution is the best one.