1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My 2 DOF

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by dope-walker, May 19, 2019.

1. dope-walker

dope-walker New Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Hello,
    Today is the day and I show you my Motion Simulator project.
    It is still under construction but I think it will be nice and slow.

about history

After I really like to play project cars on my xbox, I thought about building a motion sim myself.

Yes I am very clear that I can only play with it on the pc but that does not really matter what :)

It's not easy for me because I do not know all the electronics so well but I think I get it through the great help :)

I still need a shaft coupling for the engines, potentiometers and ball-and-socket steering rods from the engine to the Thread

now to the pictures.

That's how my racing seat looked first
    sitzgestellt ohne.JPG

So I started welding the bottom frame together
    unteres gestellt unlackiert.JPG
    This is how it looks now after painting
    gestell unten lackiert.JPG

both together. It has become a bit too high but I leave it for the time being and look how it behaves when it's done.

beide gestelle.JPG

I packed the entire electronics into an old racing tire. I think it looks more beautiful and is quite fitting.
    I did an old PC power supply for standard electronics. Thus, if necessary, for example, I have the right power supply for a led strip in the tire. In addition, I have 3 fans with built which also powered by the power supply.

elektronik.JPG elektronik groß.JPG

I built the buttonbox with the help of an old keyboard. The housing is some metal housing that I still had lying around.
    buttonbox innen.JPG buttonbox aussen.JPG

that was for the time being.
    I hope someone of you can recommend me which potentiometer I need and buy .....

to be continued
    • Like Like x 2