1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti not working -

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by MotionMaker, Dec 10, 2019.

1. MotionMaker

MotionMaker New Member Gold Contributor

Electrician
    Balance:
    202Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    Hi all,
    I built a pc the other day. On the first boot (and probably the next 20), the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB card was not detected. The RGB lighting was on but the motherboard indicated a VGA issue.
    The manual indicated that the 8 port and one of the 6 port power connectors need to be connected. That was how I had it. My advise today is that you definitely need the 8 port and both the 6 port power connectors connected for it to work.
    I looked at quite a few forums and could find this simple advise nowhere.
  2. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Wow, now that's a beefy Graphics card! Quite often, the extra power connector on motherboards and graphics cards is only required if overclocking but one like that needs a lot of juice! Glad you've got it working now, thanks for sharing the advice. :thumbs
  3. TribNnu

TribNnu New Member

Balance:
    206Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    In addition, remember that this kind of Monster Can eat 400w in Peak in addition to the pcie connector.

So use a decent power supply, platinium 750w in minimum due to the power needed and in LINE APC 1500va

In other case the downsize of power will result in downsizing your FPS.

And Always connect your graphic card with two different lane from the power supply
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Raleigh J. Shackleford

Raleigh J. Shackleford New Member

Balance:
    95Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    This is something I never noticed,thank you so much bro.
  5. hallacathy

hallacathy New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Joyrider
    You must understand that inside the GPU, there are hundreds or even thousands of tiny individual processors. Each of which can perform similar mathematical calculations to create an image in three-dimensional space. And the graphics processor also has access to its memory, whether it's shared with the system RAM or with the dedicated graphics memory located on the card. These days, GPUs don't just output visual effects. They do something else as well. A dedicated GPU is much more potent than an embedded GPU if both belong to the same generation. In any case, you should know how to use onboard graphics and video cards at the same time.