1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Move chair or platform?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by gjors65, May 16, 2009.

1. gjors65

gjors65 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Question: are the scn5 actuators strong enough to move an entire platform or not.
    As you may have seen in my other topic, my current setup is as follows:
    [img600px]http://members.home.nl/overweg/playseat%20(5).JPG[/img600px]

My hope is, I can leave my platform intact because I've just finished it and also, because I need to move the chair for shorter friends :D Of course, the screens have to be removed but that's no problem.

What I therefore want to do, is create the rotation point underneath the platform, but will that work or not and will the effects stay the same?
    Something like this, where to top drawing is the normal construction and de bottom want I want to do.
    [img600px]http://members.home.nl/overweg/img010.jpg[/img600px]
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

For your current setup, you need Frex-style motion, that is to move only the chair as in your first drawing.

Three LCD's make your simulator too heavy to move everything together.

Regards, Thanos
  3. gjors65

gjors65 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like I said, the screens will be removed from the platform for the weight and vibrations so that's no issue.
    The only question is if the platform can be moved or not.
  4. Mambo

Mambo New Member

Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Everything is possible :D but if you move whole platform you dont get good speed or good lean (G-force).
  5. dagra

dagra New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would wiper motors be able to move a platform like the one gjors65 has in his picture in a setup like the video below? I am trying to decide what design I would like to build and had this in mind aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayk_VviZ9VE
  6. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
  7. dagra

dagra New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is that entire thread about that setup? I can't read the language its writen in :(
  8. gjors65

gjors65 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This looks nice for a flight sim, but i think its to slow for a race setup (bumps and curbs etc)
  9. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    speed is set at 12.5% and max is 200% :yippiee: no problem for speed reaction!!