1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Motors 80ST-M02430 vs 90ST-M02430... what difference?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Milani Fabio, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Milani Fabio

Milani Fabio Active Member

Balance:
    716Coins
    Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -0
    656/5000

Hi,
    after some time and excellent use of my 4 DOF sim (1) Sim 4 DOF con Simcube 2 pro - YouTube
    , I'm thinking of a new project, a 5 DOF with linear actuators.
    First of all I'm choosing the motors which are the 90ST-M02430 https://it.aliexpress.com/item/32844070107.html
    Then a friend suggested these 80ST-M02430 https://it.aliexpress.com/item/32720870362.html motors which are very similar with a few slightly different features.
    Apart from the price, the differences are highlighted in the photo I am attaching.
    Can you tell me if these differences can affect the type of use they have to carry out?
    Thanks.
    Hi
    Fabio
    Motor 80ST-90ST.png
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,515Coins
    Ratings:
    +241 / 1 / -0
    The differences between these motors is the overall size of the motor and motor shaft. That's why you also see some slight electrical differences and inertia. Functionally the only thing that matters is one is heavier. Also if you're bolting these up to actuators that are already designed like sfx then the motor you choose might not fit.
  3. Milani Fabio

Balance:
    716Coins
    Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -0
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I have seen that the dimensions, the weight of the motor, the diameter of the shaft are different.
    However, the characteristics of power, torque and engine rpm are the same.
    The project also includes different dimensions of the aluminum profiles and all adaptations are not a problem.
    From what I understand, for our racing simulators there are no important differences for the operation, if I install the small engines I will not have performance differences ....... ????
    Thanks
  4. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,515Coins
    Ratings:
    +241 / 1 / -0
    Your understanding is correct. No performance difference to use the smaller motor.
  5. Milani Fabio

Balance:
    716Coins
    Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -0
    thank you so much cfischer...
    • Like Like x 1