1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Motomonster vs ibt-2

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by evolaco, May 16, 2017.

1. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello everyone, I wanted to open a debate about which bridge h (Chinese) are more reliable, for 12v both, my engines are 15nm and 30nm max, motomonster one per motor
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    on both sides we have pros and a lot of cons. No cons about the SaberTooth, f.eg. the 2x32. Plug&Play, just working out of the box. The higher price you will never regret.
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/faq/arduino-codes-for-sabertooth-2x25-2x32-etc.137/
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I want to try something cheaper, the Chinese motomonster I have been very bad, i tried 7 and only two gave 12v in the four measurements, once mounted a burn in a minute, the ibt-2 I have not heard so many problems
  4. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Don't hesitate to try and burn as long as you want...as you have already said, almost 7 MMs wasted and still no solution in sight. You wanna go to use a IBT H-bridge, but if this is going wrong you can still buy a SaberTooth (BTW I also have accidently bought one - used - for less than € 50.-)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NjMotion

NjMotion Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,500Coins
    Ratings:
    +261 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 6DOF
    @Pit you are absolutely right, the MM and the IBT2 is little less than throw the money.
    @evolaco pay attention to @Pit and spend the money only once.
    SaberTooth, Pololu 5019 or Jrk
  6. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I persist in saying, Pololu 5019 is not really worth the money, too expensive in comparison with the SaberTooth if we compare price-performance ratio. jrk same and in addition to it limited to 12V. apart from the jrk I tested all and i will repeat it until the day I die - don't waste your time and money, if you buy a SaberTooth you invest for the long term.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  7. principiamacb

principiamacb Member

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    What is the speed of the sabertooth like compared to jrks?
  8. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello, what bridges do you use for your simulators? Do you use 12v motors?

@Pit you can put two ibt-2 bridged as in your signature with the motomonster?
  9. NjMotion

NjMotion Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,500Coins
    Ratings:
    +261 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 6DOF
    @evolaco I do not use h bridge, mine is another configuration with another class of engines.
    I have used MM and ibt2 and have failed, I have also used sabertooth and pololu 5019 and they are of good quality.
  10. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Though both drivers are using completely different designs (try the search function of our forum for more information), as long they can handle the demand of power and Ampere there is no big difference. Anyway two jrks are nearly the costs of one Sabertooth...in this case I recommend the Sabertooth route because of "open versatility"