1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Motion Simulator Using Linear Actuators

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Motionsai, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Motionsai

Motionsai New Member

Balance:
    116Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi all,

I am creating a motion simulator platform for withstanding four people.
    The design is attached below .
    Dimensions of the frame( 240cm * 160 cm * 3.6 cm)
    {Length * Breadth * thickness}

Specs of the Electric Linear actuators being used.
    Load - 2000 N.
    Speed - 20mm/ second.
    Voltage - 24V Dc.
    Stroke length: 450 mm.

Th frame is made with mild steel. On the frame we are placing a stainless steel sheet.
    And two seater chairs are placed on opposite to each side on the SS sheet.

Actuators are placed like 2 in left, 2 at the centre and 2 in right.
    Above the platform two seated Chairs are placed on the left set and right set of actuators.
    We have placed the left and right sets at a distance of 80cm apart.

A maximum of 200 Kgs ( 2 persons seated on two seated chair) acts downwards, So there is a weight of 400 kgs in TOTAL ( 2000 N each actuator in TOTAL 4000 N) on the left and right sides of the platform.

The application is syncing a Flight into real time like when the flight takes off, each set of actuators raise progressively.

The rounded regions are where the linear actuators are placed.
    ( 6 at 6 regions) .

So, can the platform lift the load on full load condition?
    If there are any corrections I must make, enlighten me.
    Also, suggest if any other design would be even optimum.

Attached Files: