1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Motion sim help please

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Jamie32, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Jamie32

Jamie32 New Member

Balance:
    56Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello people,

I'm new here very new to this site,
    and I have been learning, looking, reading, researching and i have ended up here..

If I explain my situation I am realy hoping someone can help me I am determined/deffinatley/wanting to start a VR/BAR, my capital is not massive but I'm very determined.

As of so far I know 2 things I need to start with a maximum of four seats due to finances and am mainly focused on racing VR with motion I want my customers to have the WOW FACTOR. I'm currently stuck between the motion platforms Next level racing v3 and the DOF Reality P3.. And if there are anymore in this price range that anyone think might be useful for my project?? i noticed a few more platforms along my way I quite liked the look of at first T1000 but it just looks like it makes too much noise and I'm put off by that.

The pros and cons so far.

Next level racing v3 pros:

1.The fact that I am based in the uk they have a factory in the uk they ship from so I would avoid any silly shipment cost and import tax.

2.They say they are perfect because they come with (VR headway) I'm unsure as to what this means exaxly.

3.it seem to look the most professional in my price range and boast about a great commercial warranty.

Cons:

1.very pricey IMO

2.is it realy going to be as thrilling experience as I hope as I think the Dof Reality looks more fun.

3.price again!!!! Lol

DOF reality p3

Pros:

1.Alot cheaper!

2.They have been very quick to respond to any queries I may have.

3.they have a upgrade option to 6Dof .
    So if in the futer I did well with my venture I could upgrade rather than have to buy new.

Cons:

1.shipping cost +import tax!

2.Im still unsure as to what support they offer and how durable the product is for heavy commercial use.

If anyone has any information they think might help me I would be unbelievably grateful.

Thankyou if you read through my big rant... I still have a lot more information I need to know but for now that's enough for people to read haha

Thanks so much.
  2. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,834Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    If they have a factory nearish and I was about to buy multiple units, I’d visit that factory first, get a tour, and try out the different models.

You’d learn a lot, have a better idea of what’s important to ask any others, and could make a much better choice for your specific needs.

Added - this isn't to short circuit people here telling you things too and I'd look around for threads about those motion sims. I'm just saying that a visit to the factory would be a good idea if you can swing it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  3. KydDynoMyte

KydDynoMyte Fool's Gold Contributor

Balance:
    92Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    VR Headway is their motion cancellation. So movements from the chair are cancelled out in your view in the headset.

Be careful on the costs for licensing these to show to the public. One that continually charges you can add up quickly to cost more than one that charges you once.

Plug and play would probably work out better for you, unless you want to use a game they do not support.

Good luck.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1