1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Motion Profile Setup for scn5 shoulder mount sseat mover.

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by f1iceman, Jan 12, 2018.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Right i am trying to figure out this motion profile lark.
    I know theres FAQ on the matter but i am going to try and start here with a base game Project Cars 2.
    That way its all to do with this game and we can all relate to it and what we do if your learning like me.
    yes it is probably the same for all games in general but we can all share the exact same info when we start tunning.
    As for me i am getting confused i guess even after trying to follow the instruction of the FAQ !! lol

So let me go thru what i think i under stand....

Lets start with the game engine axis settings.
    SECTION 1 (game engine)

1. That is the basis of the profile travel ? yes or no.
    (So higher the numbers the further the rig moves, say Left or Right or Accellerate or Braking) ?

2. Then is it the Higher the number the less detail ?
    ( also does this affect the speed too, Higher is Faster/ Lower is Slower) ???

So good base setup is basically same each side of the same function say surge set to (50 axis A ) n (50 axis B) and that should be classed as the maximum to goto. ?

Is this correct understanding so far.. ???
    I am going to do this step by step as a SIMPLETONS guide.

SECTION 2 (AXIS NUMBERS)
    So lets say if a new simracer inputs settings (50 in Sway) and (50 in Surge) Axis A and Axis B.
    Now would it be better for this to be Lower and not the Max50 before ( Tunning Centre Capture ) is done from what i can gather so far on this is with both numbers on same axis you do not want to go over 100 adding them up as 1 figure as a good max setup. ???

I did this at 25 on all axis to get a Tunning Centre Capture on mine tho or should capture be done with it set to 50 on all axis.
    Would this be a better start point.

My understanding is that it all intermingles with each other and becomes mess to understand in detail as you alter 1 Figure on one thing then it changes anothers peramiters abit like.....
    Speed
    Detail
    Travel.

SECTION 3 (TUNING CENTRE)

Now Tuning Centre..

After a capture has been done. (only rough figures to keep simple)not game related.
    To keep it simple Surge is what i am going to concentrate on.

Surge max = 200000
    Surge min = .200000

Surge max if you make this number smaller what does this affect. higher or low better ??.

Would this be the correct thinking.
    Speed = ( Lowering makes Faster movement ) ?? ( Higher makes Slower movement ) ??
    Detail = ( Lower makes more detail responce ) ?? ( Higher makes less detail responce.) ??
    Travel = ( Lower makes faster more travel ) ?? ( Higher makes slower less travel. ) ??

SECTION 4 ( SNAPPY GEARS)

Gear Change Snapping = (changed on its own, Smaller the Max number alterd would make a Harder Faster Gear Snap ) ??

SECTION 5 ( figures)

the actual figures is there a comon ground for the sway and surge in the tunning cetnre to aim for in the driving games.
    what effects do you get with a bigger gap to a smaller gap in the max to min figures.

one of the issues i found when messing is i could get lots of travel accerating but not so good for braking.
    how can that be solved and vice versa would be the opp of this answers yes.?

If anyone Answers or Adds some input to this i have made it so its....
    section 1
    section 2
    section3
    section4
    section5

so state which you replying to would be good as a section.
    I can after all this after is done and got a few basic answers to the sections and i will go thru all the notes here and write it up correctly in simpletons guide.
    i am basically just laying some info right or wrong to set it off......

idea is from this is each section can give the info clear and simple to be pointed in the right direction and to give a clear simple guide for anyone to be correctly pushed to what to alter with cause and effect.
    this will not solve the profile for the games nore will it give the correct settings as every sim is different and tastes, but what i feel it will do is you can read before altering this and understand what you will be doing so when your driving test laps you canposs find the bits you can amplify.

ok so might not be this simple but i thought i would put some effort into helps other s aswell as understand thing smy self so in futre i can help.

Kind Regards
    keith

SORRY IF ITS LONG AND LOTS OF QESTIONS.

After some answers i will go play some more and try talk it thru to tune project cars 2 and see what happens with the guide i finnish with ! lol

prob a mess mind but hey no harm in trying :)