1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question More than 6 interfaces?

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by Dave Kirkman, May 10, 2018.

1. Dave Kirkman

Dave Kirkman New Member

Balance:
    205Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6, Motion platform
    I'm just wondering, I remember reading somewhere that we could have a 6 dof platform with another 6 dof on top, so in effect you could have a g-seat type device mounted on a hexapod. So how is this achieved? We only have 6 interfaces (I've set each one of these to an SCN actuator on a specific port) so how would you go about assigning more actuators to simtools when we only have 6 interfaces available?
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @Dave Kirkman,
    Most interfaces support more than 1 axis.
    For instance the AMC 1280 supports 6 axes from a single interface.
    So i theory, you could have 36 axes moving.

In SimTools v2.2.5, you will see that we now have 2 axes available per SCN interface.
    (Here is a quick rundown to use the second scn actuator slots.)
    (SCN actuators come with their axis ID set to '0', to use the second axis slot, you need to change the ID of the second scn to ID = 1)
    (You then wire the second SCN's to the same com port adapter)

That's a quick overview, but it should clear some things up for you buddy,
    yobuddy
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  3. Dave Kirkman

Dave Kirkman New Member

Balance:
    205Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks for the explanation, that is good news.
    I assume I could also assign ID1 actuator to the same COM port as ID2 in Windows Device Manager?

Only question I have now is how would I set the axis ID to 1? the TBVST tool only has the option to assign it to 0 in the drop down?

thanks.
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    it's in the TBVST too for sure.
    Maybe your looking at what axes are connected?
    (which would only be the one with ID=0)
  5. Dave Kirkman

Dave Kirkman New Member

Balance:
    205Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Found it. Thankyou. It's in the MVST program.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,902Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Excellent buddy!
    Take care!