1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Modded T3PA PRo

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by kanuk, Feb 26, 2018.

1. kanuk

kanuk If it ain't moving, it ain't simulating...

Eng
    Balance:
    2,380Coins
    Ratings:
    +202 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, JRK
    I got bored this weekend.

Looked long enough at my TPA3 Pro's and decided that they were not exciting enough!
    And this was the result.... I cut the main backing plate from 5mm alloy. Still needs a little reinforcement though. I put a pressure sensor (500psi) and either going to go with a 12bit DSD or use the gorgeous little circuit that @TOPMO3 has designed!

Pots or Hall sensors on the clutch and accelerator, not quite sure yet so any advice would be appreciated.
    I didn't use a pull slave cylinder (couldn't find one immediately, so ordered one from the US) and meanwhile used a Yamaha bike caliper which I modified the pads ie. removed the sintered friction pads and modified it to accept dohdoh's. I'm using 92 grade which is a little stiff so I might go to something softer!

Attached a 5th scale shock to the throttle with the seal removed and the piston bored out (no damping) so spring action only with modulated friction from the modified piston

Friction taped the pedals to give it a little more grip and now am progressing to building some sort of cam mechanism for the clutch push slave to give the clutch pedal a digressive feel. Any ideas anyone?

Anyway here are some pics

The modified pads with dohdoh's in the caliper

dohdoh.jpg

The pedal set (semi) completed

front1.jpg

The pedals with grip tape

pedals.jpg

The throttle mod

throttle mod.jpg

The clutch slave (push type)

clutch slave.jpg

And caliper mounted with the dohdohs

indy dohdohs.jpg

And shots of the rear...

rear1.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    rear3.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. EvanMelanson

EvanMelanson New Member

Municipal Engineering Technologist
    Balance:
    155Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is the feel like with the rod end attached directly behind the pedal, but not at a 90 angle?

I as such a specific question as I was researching building a similar setup with a pneumatic cylinder. The build logs I was looking at recommended mounting the rod end at a 90 degree angle, as close to the center of the pedal face as possible. However, the 90 degree mounting situation may be specific the cylinders as they compress at a 1:1 ratio to travel (forgive me if this sentence is naive, my understanding of these topics is only self taught and very loosely at that)
  3. kanuk

kanuk If it ain't moving, it ain't simulating...

Eng
    Balance:
    2,380Coins
    Ratings:
    +202 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, JRK
    @EvanMelanson
    Hello
    The feel is non specific to its angle bar the fact that the lower you go the easier the push of the pedal becomes (leverage forces). In terms as to why its not at 90 degrees is quite specific tot he travel of the rod within the master cylinder. If you fit it at a 90 degree angle you will find that it starts to push downwards upon the movement and angles the internal piston upwards which then binds inside and restricts the full amount of travel. If you are substituting the cylinder with a pneumatic cylinder I would suggest building a mounting system that allows the body of the cylinder to pivot thereby avoiding the mentioned issue as it will naturally take its own path. If you need any help let me know. I would be glad to be of assistance...