1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

maybe somone in this group would benefit from this actuator

Discussion in 'Ready, set, go - Start your engines' started by Jerry Atrick, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick this is my sim Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    1,414Coins
    Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi all

In the quest for knowledge, all I've done in the proceeding weeks is scour the net for answers to the best and most affordable selection of motors/actuators for my impending build, Ive looked at most things that may fall into my budget range, with a balance of voltage, torque, and monetary output.

And I came across this following link. (not meant in anyway to be an advertisement)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deezmaker/maker-muscle-worlds-first-customizable-actuator-fo

So anyone with some knowledge relevant to the exercise of using these as an actuator please lend me some feedback.

Jerry
  2. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Active Member Gold Contributor

Control Engineer
    Balance:
    1,674Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
  3. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick this is my sim Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    1,414Coins
    Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi RandomCoder, sorry for 2 things: 1/ I missed the thread, and 2/ posting useless information doesn't help.
    I will read the discussion and maybe have an idea of what to look for next time.

Thanks
    Jerry
  4. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Active Member Gold Contributor

Control Engineer
    Balance:
    1,674Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    No problem Jerry, I only know of the kickstarter project because I check for new posts daily and remember reading this with interest. It then took some searching to find the original post. There is so much information contained on this forum it's hard to know what has already been tried!

I'm in the same position as you in that I have been spending many weeks/months reading through the forum and researching different designs. In the last couple of weeks I've started ordering parts and some have arrived already so I'm hoping to be able to start and make some progress. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Looks like it got up, '161 backers pledged $27,319 to help bring this project to life.' Its a tough world out there - I wish them all the best :thumbs.
    • Winner Winner x 1