1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

LOW COST DC ACTUATOR

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by workfayer, Mar 11, 2022.

1. workfayer

workfayer New Member

Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Arduino
    Hello, first I thank those who took the time to open this topic to read, I appreciate even more who could help me with the doubts that are the following.
    I want to build a 4DOF more loss of traction the doubt and about the actuators I intend to use DC 24/12v motors and hall sensor, the doubt is how many NM do I need each actuator to have to lift the 4 together a load of 120kg?

I did some basic math with this motor for example that has 0.3nm
    4800RPM
    160w power

a spindle that has 30x reduction 4800/30=160Rpm
    30x0.3NM=9nm
    9nmx4=36nm ie the 4 actuators together would have 36nm theoretically these 36nm can lift how many kg on the platform?

I don't know if these calculations are what I have to consider, if I'm wrong can someone show me the correct way?
  2. workfayer

workfayer New Member

Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Arduino
    Doing some research here I found out how to convert motor RPM into mm/min linear motion.
    The formula.
    P= 4mm P=spindle pitch in mm/min
    V=4800 V=Engine speed in RPM
    Vf=?? Vf= Speed in mm/min

Formula (Vf=P*V)
    (Vf=4*4800)
    =19,200 mm/min
    being so and just divide the result by 60 to know that we have
    320mm/s

The question now is how to convert the motor torque to linear movement of the spindle?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  3. superwhitewish

superwhitewish Member

Avionic Engineer
    Balance:
    225Coins
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2022