1. Sadly, one of our forum members, Rastus, passed away earlier this year, he was 90. (Yes 90 - Not a typo!) Rastus was one of the Sydney, NSW based sim fanatics and was active with the Aussie members and further afield on this forum A true gent on the forums and proof, if any were needed, that you are never too old to pick up a screwdriver and soldering iron.

You can send your condolence messages here.
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which we would ask you to comply with. Following these rules will keep the support forum clean and your stay here pleasant. Read the forum rules.

Low cost 2dof motion simulator kit - Dynamic Kit

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Radioproffi, May 23, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Radioproffi

Radioproffi Member SimTools 2.0 Beta Tester

Balance:
    1,557Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    You can see actual models and price on site - dofreality.com

a small video of our new cheap development for beginers.
  2. 7stringtheory

7stringtheory New Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I just purchased the 3DOF P3 simulator for dofreality, and I am wondering to those that have this type of setup if the GT hanging style MPCC pedals with the hydraulic brake will work well on this platform? I am thinking about buying a set because I want to simulate driving my actual car as closely as possible but I am willing to compromise the hanging style pedals if they wont work as well as F1 pedals, although I would much rather have the hanging style if this is not the case.
  3. Andy Booth

Andy Booth Member

Balance:
    60Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi 7stringtheory.

I guess anything is possible. The thing you have to think about with the DofReality rig is weight and balance. You really have to have the weight of the rig balanced over the universal joint. It really doesnt take a lot of weight imbalance (front to back and/or side to side) for the motors to struggle.

I have the HPP pedals (but not the hanging pedals) and I really had to shift a lot of weight backwards (moving the spine and seat back in relation to the pedals) to compensate for those pedals. With hanging pedals, I suspect the frame is going to be quite heavy so that will put the weight further forward.

Add to that, the pedal plate is quite small, and probably too small to be able to just drill and bolt the frame in place. Its going to need a wider pedal plate which adds yet more weight. You are going to need that bigger pedal plate for your heel rest as well.

If you say you have just purchased (which means its still being built by DofReality) then speak to Igor and get him to make you a wider pedal plate. The guys at DofReality are quite accommodating.

Private message me if you have any other questions regarding the P3 rig. I've been through quite a lot to get the rig to work reliably the way I want it so hopefully can help you address any issues you may have.

Andy