1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by REAPER, May 3, 2011.

1. REAPER

REAPER New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys

I was at a show the other day and walked past a race simulator which obvioulsly caught my attention pretty quickley, after having a turn i was hooked and decided i have to have one of these so i started searching this site, there are so many different sim builds on here that are making it very hard for me to choose which way to go, i have a little electronics background but not to deep but learn pretty easily, i am after some opions from members on what they think is the best way to go and anything people have that they think could help me along this journey would ba very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, have a LONG look through this forum. Everyone has different styles of what they like. Depending on the style of frame will depend on budget. As for electronics, there are some pre built boards available that require little wiring up. Wiper motors are cheap and work fairly well.
    Feel free to ask questions on any builders on the forum, we are a helpful bunch.
    Heres a video of mine in action as a start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKAcXtnxHXU
    Cheers, David.
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!

First you need to narrow down your direction and find out:
    - How much you want to spend on motion? (not including wheel, pc, monitors, shakers, etc)
    - What type of motion are you looking for? (flight or race simulation, gimbal or seatmover type)
    - How much time do you want to spend building it?
    - Realistically ask yourself how much are you capable of building with the tools you have?

Your job is 70% planning and 30% building. You have to have a plan before you start building, otherwise building will turn into wasted money and a lot of frustration.