1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question looking for motor to replace three phases

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by cruzebabuze, Mar 29, 2017.

1. cruzebabuze

cruzebabuze Active Member

Balance:
    135Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hi everyone, I have been doing a few motion arcade retrofit, like g-loc. this time around I got an atv track motion arcade to retrofit. what I need is to replace the 3 phases motors it uses. the motor specs are:
    - 150 to 170rpm
    - nm 3
    and I would like motor to be 12v or 24v and not too expensive, not like $300 a piece.
    thank you in advance. here is the link of my thread if you want see pictures of the motors and their full spec.

size and shaft size do not matter, I will fab shaft extension.

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/dirt-bike-arcade-retrofit.9926/#post-128582

thank you all for your help.
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    What Nm ya looking for we use 12v 200w DC motors here at 150rpm but would recommend same motor with 50:1 gearbox , under 300 aus
    or currently im looking at ac smart motors 72v AC for a possible 6DOF build , actually cheaper than dc including drivers
  3. cruzebabuze

Balance:
    135Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thank you for your help, I need Nm 3 and I already have a gearbox that is around 50:1, but 200w will not cut it, more like 500w or more, and I can not do 72v I am using arduino and some motor boards that go 30v max, already have setup and know it by heart so I am sticking with it. I tried with a winch motor and it was way too slow, I think my winch was around 30rpm, other motors were 150to 170rpm. Thanx in advance
  4. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. cruzebabuze

Balance:
    135Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    these servo motors are great but a little expensive for me. my track formula open wheel is sucking most of my budget. I was looking more for like 100USD a motor, thank you thought