1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Login in Opera browser.

Discussion in 'Suggestions for improvements - Oudated' started by mrpio, Mar 24, 2009.

1. mrpio

mrpio New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Admins et al.!

I don't know if it is something on my side, or has there been a script change recently? When I log in in Opera these days, I am logged out of X-Sim as soon as I'm redirected after login. Thus, I cannot make any posts under Opera at all! I used to have no such problem until recently.

Logging works fine under IE, whose guts I obviously hate, and FF is also a last resort for me.

Just FYI, really.

Thanks again for your great work.

Piotr
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Piotr,

i tested the forum with opera. Everything is working fine. Doesn´t matter if i deactivate javaScript, cookies, etc, the login works everytime. I assume, everything is wrong with your browser settings. Did you made any changes these days, that could be the reason? Maybe you installed some plugins?

Please delete your cookies, to see if the problem still exists. Also you can try to switch of and on JavaScript. Is there a option to create a new profile with standard settings?

B.t.w I write this post with opera for testing it. It´s a long time i ago, i tried opera the last time and it´s working and looking very great. It even seems to be faster than firefox...think i will give it a try to be my next second standard browser:)
  3. Schnullerbacke

Schnullerbacke New Member

Photographer / Videographer
    Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got the same problem with Firefox last week, tried it with different PCs. Everytime I logged in with FF, I was kicked out after the redirecting process to the main site. When I tried to login with IE7, everything was working fine.

As far as I know, Nima got the same problems with FF for a short period of time...

The problem existed only for one day - since that, Firefox is doing its job fine again.

Regards,
    Chris
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Me too with FF, IE worked fine...but just for one day. Now everything works as usual again :?
  5. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi,

That was the moment when i made some login modification, concerning the remember me login function for persistent login. Was not the hole day, only one hour of time :)

If i remember rightly you didn´t tel me that your mobile phone has opera on board :?

Martin and Piotr, please let me know which version of Opera you use!
    Also it would be very helpful if someone else can test the strange behavior with Opera, too. http://de.opera.com/
  6. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Please delete all cookies and try again. If that doesn´t work deactivate cookies for x-sim, and see if the error still occurs.

Let me know the result, i need it for a solution!
  7. mrpio

mrpio New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Works OK after I deleted all cookies!
  8. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Martin, hast Du jetzt auch nochmal die cookies gelöscht?

Gruß
    René
  9. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Nice dude :D Dein Browser hat mich schon fertiggemacht*grins* Dann können wir ja endlich mit dem Portal und der community integration weitermachen ;)