1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Leo Bodnar V2

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by crammy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Hi All.
    I have seen threads on this forum that some people have them but i cant actually find any topics covering them.
    I have been speaking to michael from there about heading up to silverstone for the morning to try one out on various games and he said thats fine and i can take one away with me.
    Ive seen the review videos but would like to speak to someone that has one. Im getting the family to chip in for my 40th in a couple of months but i want to get one early. just after some honest forum member reviews

cheers

jay
  2. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I dont Own A Bodnar, But after a Month+ on the Cheap 170$ small mige, i see VERY little point in a 3500$+ setup like the Bodnar offers. Also there's multiple Comments on the AC forum as to how Dull the V2 feels on Assetto which is One of The most FFB rich games on the market currently. Supposedly there's a wack load of Filtering being done on the unit which isn't the case with the Simucube/Mige combo.
  3. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    thanks for the honest feedback @Nick Moxley. i dont know anything about MIGE but that is amazingly cheap. Assetto is my main game as i love the motion on it. i dont even touch project cars but would like to set up i-racing when i sort a wheel. im also on the look ou for pedals and there are some on the i-racing forum that are home built
  4. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    @Nick Moxley is this something similar to you have. I personally would rather buy something already built. Obviously i still need a wheel and was going to buy the bodnar gt3 also as it has the shifter paddles.
    I'm trying to get the most realistic feel so if this provided it id be more than happy. Could you recomend a wheel that i could just use off the shelf.

cheers
  5. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,515Coins
    Ratings:
    +241 / 1 / -0
  6. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Just so I have this right....
    You buy a simcube...
    Buy a Mige Servo motor...
    Buy a Power source...

Plug the Mige into the Simcube and you have a working wheel? (Of course you need to mount a wheel etc)

But that's basically it?
  7. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Thanks @cfischer. i have been on sim racingbay and watched their hour long video about the package i mentioned. It seems really good and at £2000 less than the bodnar im more than happy. I have sent them an email and hopefully will get a reply soon but it looks promising. i will probably go down that route. i just need to source a paddle wheel. would also have more funds for peddles lol.
    found some nice tiltons from ricmotech but again they are expensive. Ive got a cnc plasma coming soon but dont think i would be able to make them from scratch
  8. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    seems so @Archie but i would rather pay that bit extra for it to be built. still shit loads cheaper than the bodnar
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    You need an Ioni on top of that as well from Granite, I have an Ioni Pro HC. Its also REQUIRED for the cube to function.

You'll also need a Dsub15 connector for the encoder, A Ferrite core for the Motor wires and a few other misc odds and ends. but In reality it is That Simple.

48v Psu 480 and upwards of 1000w are available if you feel the need pending which motor your going with.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    For Wheel's with paddles and Fancy buttons and displays.....I can Only Suggest https://opensimrigs.com/ The ability to custom design your own stuff is a nice feature other builder's dont offer. Ya sure its not a week or 2 turn around time. But the end product is well worth it and the massive saving's you get as well cant be denied.
  11. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
  12. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
  13. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    thanks @Nick Moxley Im just waiting for Tomo from sim racing bay to get back to me in regards to whether my t500 pedals will work with it and ill probably order. seems pretty good really.
    then going to sort a wheel. will be giving opensimrigs a try for that as you suggested.
  14. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:

T500 pedals aren't anything fancy, You should easily be able to hook them up.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_connector_pinouts

X11 connectors
  15. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    cheers Nick. I figured they would work but just wanted them to confirm. I had a look at the wheels on opensim rig but you have to build them and buy buttons, paddles etc. I originally looked at modding a fanatec but as i don't own one that would start adding up in price for something that would look a disaster with my skills lol. i would rather just buy off the shelf but am having trouble finding one, other than bodnar gt3 or gt1
  16. PetroVitallini

PetroVitallini Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi there,

I'm not able to post links yet, but google ascher racing and/or sim racing coach (choose shop from the menu). Both of these persons are active on the iracing boards and I've yet to read anything negative about them. You'll probably find some reviews of Martin Aschers products on youtube as well. My next buy will probably be a medium wheel plate when it's back in stock on ascher racing.
  17. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Hi mate.
    Tomo got back to with some info I required so will probably ordering very soon(maybe tomorrow when I'm drunk as that when I make silly purchases lol). 3 day delivery to the UK so pretty good.
    He also recommended Martin archer and sent a couple of links. Looks really good so I think I'll be getting that and a momo small wheel like in the video
  18. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    @crammy
    Tomo is a great guy, I have met with him directly in Slovenia last year when he started to make kits and I bought mine IoniHC+Mige from him.
    The kit is basically plug and play, each connector has it's place, there is very little place for error in assembly.
    The only thing where I spent some more time that needed was at attaching the wheel hub onto the Mige shaft. That must be really tight, I didn't do it enough so I had some crazy stuff in game, resulting in taking the hub off and assembly again.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:

Ascher plates are Nice, but INSANELY expensive for what your getting.

800 for a button plate....or 1100 for a Whole OSW setup.....lol riiight
  20. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Cheers @prodigy. He said contact him anytime and has been really helpful so will definitely be getting the kit.

It is expensive @Nick Moxley but it's the only option I have found so far off the shelf other than bodnar and that was £1150. I will still save £2000 for the full setup so am more than happy.