1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Joyrider K8055 interface

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by GoFast124, Nov 29, 2009.

1. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I have been making a joyrider sim using aK8055 interface and wiper motors. So far its has been fairly straight-forward. At the moment I am working on the lateral movement only so once thats working, I'll get the second axis working. For the last 2 weeks I have been trying to get the profiler motion working lately and can't seem to get it right. I think I have worked out that I have the same issue as here:

http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/urgent-cannot-complete-calibration-autorun-too-little-on-y-t723.html

At the moment, I have come to a crossroads though. If I remove IC1 like it says in that post, the pots work really well and I get good readings but, the output doesn't work. So then I put IC1 back in and the outputs work but now the pots don't work.

Question:
    Is there a halfway hack for this where I can leave the IC1 in but have it only work on the outputs? I know I could use a second board but I would rather not.

Thanks,
    David K
  2. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I have figured out that I can remove pints 1,2,3,5,6,7 from IC1 but when I did this, I am back to not having enough +travel on the pot?? I am using a 100K pot and am using the entire travel of the pot.

I can get it to go left and stop but when I go right, it keeps travelling and doesn't stop.
  3. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have bent the pins 1,2,3 and 5,6,7 and put the IC back in. Then I soldered as per the diagram.

The problem now is that only movement in the -ve direction is working, the +ve just keeps turning. Its like I need a second pot for the +ve motion? also the movement is not what I expecetd, that is to say, it moves to the position then back a bit. then when it returns to center position it doesn't go far enough.

I can't seem to get a 1:1 output from force profiler yet I have no maths functions on. what should do?
  4. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have it working now but the output is not enough for the motor to move. I need to scale the output somehow. the functions I can find only seem to allow up to 100%. is there something else I can do to increase the output?
  5. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yep no problems.

I have built a wooden/aluminium framed joyrider. I am using wiper motors and am starting off with left/right movement only. If that goes well I will make a similar up/down motion like Thanos.

To control the motor I am using a speed controller from Ocean Controls (KTA-198 Dual Bidirectional DC Motor Speed Controller) and a K8055 to control it. On the K8055 I am using the analogue outputs and connecting them to the inputs of the speed controller. I am also using the K8055 analogue inputs with a 100K pot for the feedback in profiler.

When using the K8055 test program the motor moves as expected, as I go from 50%-100% it goes one way and 50%-0% goes the other way. So I am sure that everything is working.

In profiler I have now got it working but the output is not large enough to make the motors move. the output graph is looking ok now. though the main problem I have had is getting the input potentiometer right. The change in the K8055 you suggested made it a lot more stable but if I make it have enough output, the output graph looks nothing like the input graph on the maths page.

thanks
    David K
  6. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is the latest file from Profiler that I have working except the output is too small.

working with input.rn2

thanks
  7. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is a picture of my joyrider, more to come.

[​IMG]
  8. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that was an old photo, probably a month old. here is one I took today:

[​IMG]
  9. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I seem to be answering my own questions but...
    I have got it going pretty nicely now. the feedback is even working correctly (I think) . I am wondering if maybe the motors that I have are not right. They don't seem to want to work below about 60%. The setting in the Global Minimum output in the axis output dialogue box doesn't seem like its working. I am not sure what it is doing.

It is like there is a deadzone in the middle of the motor motion. I think what I want to do is say what the minimum is per output -ve/+ve direction. Is that right?
  10. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I have worked it out. For those with a similar issue, it doesn't look like there is a right or wrong motor. I have been playing with the PID values in the Axis settings. I have had to set it to use proportional 2.4 and dirivative 2 and now the graph is right. The Deadzone that I had is now not an issue and the device is working well. Now I just need to make the motion less. I think I need a smaller gear wheel on my motor so that it can spin a fair bit with less frame movement.

Thanks
    David K