1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

joyrider and SimforceGT (frex-style)

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by tetesim, Mar 7, 2009.

1. tetesim

tetesim New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    which the difference between joyrider and SimforceGT (frex-style) ?

in x-sim how configure for joyrider and how configure for SimforceGT ?
    which is the difference ?

regards stefano
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Joyrider has seperated axis, simforcegt has combined axis for longitudinal movements.

regards
  3. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This subject has been covered a few times already in other posts.

R-eng
  4. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well its kind of trademark I suppose. I kept the original name from the creator (Ken Hardlock Hill):
    http://www.acesim.com/main.html

I suppose I could name it otherwise since the motorized version can do a lot more than the simple version, not to mention its even better than the ultimate version shown at this page too! :mug1:

Any proposals for a decent name for my motorized version? :brows:

Thanos
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I would suggest Trademarking whatever name you come up with. This would stop someone from stealing your name and marketing a product based on your hard work without giving you credit for it. AFAIK, Joyrider has no active trademark, and any simulator company could steal the name and profit from the Joyrider reputation that you have worked so hard to build.

I trademarked SimXperience in order to prevent this kind of theft. I would like to see the X-Sim name get trademarked. It is very expensive though. Maybe a few of us could chip in to help SirNoName get a trademark?

@SirNoName - How much does it cost to purchase a trademark in Germany. I assume it possible to purchase an international trademark through your government?
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    It appears that the Frex and SimCon trademarks have expired. I don't think anyone would want those names anyway. They are associated with dissapointed customers and hundreds of forum posts about bad service.

However, I believe that you can use the name to suggest a simulator type.

Also, since the name SimXperience is protected by me, you may use it in the software as well. You may NOT use the name SimForce because it is trademarked and protected by a U.S. Company called Realtime Technologies Inc. since 2006.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4010:l703qb.2.1
  7. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As long as you are only using it to identify a competitor or another product, it is not a violation to use Trademark or Registered names and identifiers. You just cannot yourself use it as your mark.

i.e. My blah blah is a FREX -- This is not allowed.

R-eng
  8. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well,

IMHO a Frex system that is modified to use x-sim software can't be called Frex anymore. Even if it looks alike optically should be called something like X-Frex. It makes more sense since many x-sim users have just bought the Mirai SCN5 motors and simple RS485 adapters and made their own frame!!

Same should apply for modified joyriders: X-Joyrider :lol:

Its true that the Simforce name is trademark and adding the GT in the end still resembles that trademark.
    What do you think?

Regards, Thanos
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I am fairly certain that adding a prefix or suffix to an existing trademark is still a violation of the original trademarks.