1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom JIFFY G-SEAT and G-SKULL

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by BlazinH, Dec 9, 2019.

1. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    15,675Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 31 / -1
    When using inertia mode yes there is a force on the wrong side but it is minimal compared to the other side that is pressing into your ribs so you tend not to pay much attention to it.

Surge has its own individual pressure flap that pushes against your back ;).
  2. BlazinH

Balance:
    15,675Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 31 / -1
    The head strap (and therefore HMD when using one) hangs down slightly on its actuators when not in use. To put it on you just need to duck your head a little bit when you get into your seat and stick you head up into it.
  3. BlazinH

Balance:
    15,675Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 31 / -1
    Sorry for the long posting delay but I've been crazy busy as of late. My current main field of work is deemed essential so there's been no sitting at home for me. It may come latter though if the economy doesn't rebound.

In any case the last few weeks I've found some time to learn how to design a few 3d parts for my G-skull head system to turn it into a more commercially viable product. One of these parts improves its capabilities too since you can now also use your HMD's built-in headphones when available. I've also been working on further revisions to the software that will allow quick and easy modifications to the output motion.

I will post another video when I can find time to put it together.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,090Coins
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hope it works out well! Would be awesome to have for the "hardcore" guys out there!
  5. Chipless

Chipless Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    352Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for the update! Sounds very promising.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Chipless

Balance:
    352Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    @BlazinH Any further updates? I think I am suffering from G-seat/skull withdrawals.
  7. BlazinH

Balance:
    15,675Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 31 / -1
    Thanks for checking in. A few weeks ago I finished designing and printing all the parts necessary for a professional product to look that way. So now its ready for some videos to show it off. But along the way I had an epiphany for a new PID motion controller that has totally changed my focus, albeit temporarily.

I envisioned a new PID controller with utilities to supersede the aging SMC3 that is no longer supported by its author. It started off with the Sabertooth 2x32 as the focus and finally utilizing all the unique features it offers to give the user a more informed and better experience. Well it has grown significantly now to support other Sabertooths as well as Cytron Smart Controllers and standard H-bridges. The usual method now will be to run "utilities" when Simtools is outputting data too. That's really just the tip of the iceberg as far as features go but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag until its further along. You haven't seen anything like it though.

By this coming weekend I should have everything I ordered last weekend in my mailbox or on my porch to start working out the kinks so I plan to be done with it sooner than latter so I can get back to G-skull and other things ;). In the last two weeks I've already mostly finished designing the apps interface and what features it will include :).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  8. Chipless

Balance:
    352Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    It's about time for me to pester you for another semi-monthly update, hope things are going well!
  9. BlazinH

Balance:
    15,675Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 31 / -1
    Hi. This project is still on hold while I finish up my pid controller project. This came about out of G-skull development due to an idea for a hybrid motor driver.

In addition feature's include six 12-bit hall sensor support, two hardware driven quad encoders, multiple motor driver support, and real time data aquisition with graphing including each individual pid output so you can see what's actually happening :).

More coming soon as well as G-skull hopefully.
  10. Chipless

Balance:
    352Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for the update. Please excuse the dumb question, but will the PID be a component of the G-system?
  11. BlazinH

Balance:
    15,675Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 31 / -1
    The PID controller I spoke of which I named Awesom-O (sound familiar?) is intended to work with any kind of DC motor motion system so it has many features required for making adjustments to work with different types of setups. The software I intend to include with products like Jiffy G-seat and G-skull will be simpler to use since all these things can be preconfigured and therefore hidden from the end-user. Since your using an AC motor motion system already you may desire to just keep it simple. However for those who may want to add some additional DIY components and will need additional control channels I can offer Awesom-O at a discounted price yet to be determined with purchases.

Thanks for asking.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chipless

Balance:
    352Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Hope things are going well. Is there any chance the G series will be available by September? Would coincide nicely with the release of the HP Reverb G2 ;)

EDIT: Might also coincide with the release of the 3080 GPU
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  13. BlazinH

Balance:
    15,675Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 31 / -1
    Sorry but I haven't had time to make a comprehensive post to respond but Ill do so sometime this weekend.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BlazinH

Balance:
    15,675Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 31 / -1
    Okay I haven't decided for sure which direction to go with this now but I'm leaning towards offering only G-skull at the moment. It is less complex to manufacture than the Jiffy G-seat and offers more in terms of high sensory feedback.

But I need to reevaluate my marketing strategy because, other than yourself and a couple of others here, people don't seem to get excited as they should be about this product; I assume because they haven't ever experienced anything like it (remember how cool it was when you experienced motion simulation for the first time folks?). Anyway I probably need to use Kickstarter and/or similar services so I can sell many at once initially or none at all instead of trying to do something like that from this site. Unfortunately most the interest here is copying instead of purchasing so it will be after Sept. at the earliest :(.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  15. Chipless

Balance:
    352Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update!
  16. Chipless

Balance:
    352Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    @BlazinH FYI, I sent you a PM about possible alternatives.