1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Jazzy wheelchair motor 2dof Rig Help Needed !!Please

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Nick Clements, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Nick Clements

Nick Clements New Member

Balance:
    312Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, Motion platform
    I have built a 2dof rig using Jazzy Pride select 24v motors. To control I’m using IBT2 drivers and uno with SMC and flypt mover. I have two 24V 16.5A power supplies . Everything works in SMC see picture , when using Microsoft 2020 with flypt mover all works on pitch but when I go into a bank/turn after a few seconds one of the motors cuts out and stops . I have played around with the settings in SMC but this keeps happening .
    What would be the cause for a motor to stop and require SMC utility to run to reset and make work again. Could it be the motors are not powerful enough (sadly can’t find any info about them online ). , or is it the power supply is not man enough @ 16.5A.. I’m tearing my hair out with this one.

Attached Files:

2. Nick Clements

Nick Clements New Member

Balance:
    312Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    If you have set SMC up with a range of motion, could it be that Flypt mover is trying to move rig beyond the limits set in SMC and switching off motors. If so what part of Flypt mover do I change to stop this going beyond range.
  3. Nick Clements

Nick Clements New Member

Balance:
    312Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Update:: I actually used the simcalc and after adding my rig setup it was obvious my issue was my Roll axis Torque very low compared to pitch.
    So with that in mind I changed my motor position and rod connection. This upped my roll torque to double the previous value. Now when in a turn it holds ok. So for now all working .
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022