1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

iRacing Star Mazda 150mm profile

Discussion in 'X-Sim² profiles' started by bleco, Jan 27, 2011.

1. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sim: iRacing
    Car: Star Mazda
    Actuator type: Scn5 150mm

X-Sim version: 2.0.8.9b
    25% limiter: NO v1.3
    Speed and accel set in Synaptrix

v1.3
    - Overall profile reviewed
    - 85 percent scaler (uncheck 25% limiter in scn5 pluging)
    - Big upgrade over v1.2 on my sim
    iRacing Bleco Star Mazda 150mm for Community v1.3.rn2

Bleco
  2. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Added v1.3

Bleco
  3. Papifix

Papifix Member SimAxe Beta Tester

im Ruhestand
    Balance:
    562Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi bleco

nice profile with good feeling, only I means the movement with the braking should be longer and by the acceleration less. Nevertheless, the brake retardation is mostly substantially bigger than the acceleration.

Greeting
    Rainer
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    That is the difficulty for DIY users in exchanging motion profiles.

Bleco's simulator geometry is likely different from yours. So for example, on his system. For example, on his setup, a longitudinal movement of X could result in 25% more movement that on a different sim design with different actuator angles.
  5. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey!

Thx for your comment.

The profile feeling will vary from one simulator built to another and this is the result of many factors;

- Actuator angles
    - Pivot location
    - Driver weight
    - Personnal G-Force effect preferences ...

There is no 'general' perfect profile settings ... Adding braking actuator travel and less accel travel on my simulator will not feel great for me. The most important thing is that the profile is constructed logically. I like more agressive profiles and you need at least a damper bar to really enjoy the profiles I share because I built them using one... The majority of the profiles I tried from others felt weak on my simulator.

You should take this profile and adjust it according to your design and to your own personnal tastes. Changing the values for effect 27 could take you like 15sec. :mug1:
    This is why I share them ... Only to provide to others a very good basic profle to create their own and a very quick start for beginners. :yes:

Regards

Bleco
  6. Papifix

Papifix Member SimAxe Beta Tester

im Ruhestand
    Balance:
    562Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With the different geometry of the simulators is quite clear, threfore I provide my profiles with slidern. There everybody can simply weaken with the sliding regulators the effect.

For it the setting with 100% slider is mostly too much, but one can regulate only less than 100%.

If, however, the damping passed away make very much nut one quite by hand.

Among whom this does not last, that must change just in the values.

Regards
    Rainer