1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

iRacing SimuCube Settings and latest in game settings

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by SilentChill, Jan 22, 2019.

1. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Please for the love of god does anyone have decent settings for iRacing they can share ?

It has to be the worst feeling FFB I have ever felt I have tried all sorts but there is no all in one setting that works well totally estroying the game for me, along with the tire model

Compared to AC and RF2 its light years behind its frikking woeful.

Please dont point to youtube vids or anything like that I probably seen it already ;) I really want someones setup who uses it regular and can actually feel the road and the curbs and the rumble strips
  2. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
  3. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hey,. Think Richard uses an accuforce.

Settings will depend what your expectation is. Do you want a lively or dampened experience. Also iracing puts out what the steering shaft does in a car while the others layer some additional effects that you have no control over in iracing. So..don't expect to get it feeling the same.
    What motor do you run? I can share my simucube and granity settings with you. My preference is to ensure the wheel doesn't oscillate while driving down a straight, maintain feedback to road effects and not have a rubber band feel to the steering. I try not to use too much filtering an no notch filter.
  4. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks matey I just want to be able to feel something from the road I have edited the ini file like everyone else says to do so I have no oscillations. I don't get a feel for the car just weight on the steering .I guess I have been spoilt with rFactor with the flat spots and bumps and rumbles that you get

I'm running a small mige and currently trying the settings from Augry which feel crap lol from here

https://augurysimulations.com/augury-downloads/#1547568136602-00fbafdb-5ddd
  5. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi, I'm not at home right now but will say to lower the NM slider in iRacing to bump.up the forces. Also reduce the reconstruction filter to 1 or 0. I'll see what I'm running.
    I also strongly recommend installing the app iRFFB. And run the steering telemetry at 360hz vs the iRacing default of 60hz.
    ...back later
  6. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hey SilentChill,
    here are my settings. Before you read below please make note that I am also running irFFB. This is an app I insist you try and use. It is night and day difference in the feel of the cars. The app will record each cars individual settings, which is amazing...so once set, just forget.
    Also note that I have a small mige, simucube setup. I run my small mige at 23NM which is 3NM over the rated power spec. It runs fine, never warm and it provides additional power/fidelity. I have included my settings for granity to this effect.

APP INI
    [Force Feedback]
    allowXBoxOneOnWindows10=0 ; Set to 1 to talk to xbox one game pads on windows 10, warning the driver is buggy
    alwaysRestartFX=0 ; Always restart force when updating it, set to true if wheel goes limp after a while
    calibUsingRawData=0 ; Use raw joystick position over windows calibration data when detecting new joysticks
    centerSpringPct=-1 ; Percent (0-100) of static centering spring force to apply, -1 is off. Not reccomended for use.
    clipRangeToLogical=0 ; Set to 1 to limit the reported range to the logical min/max values
    damperMode=0 ; Set damper effect type 0 = Damper 1 = Inertia 2 = Friction
    damperSaturation=10000 ; Set damper saturation from 0 to 10000
    dampingSliderSetsFriction=1 ; True if damping slider adjust friction effect, false to adjust wheels built in damping effect
    debounceSeq_Ms=60 ; Add delay in Milliseconds to sequential shifter to reduce double shifts
    disableAutoCenter=1 ; Turn auto center off on all force feedback devices
    displayLinearInNm=1 ; Display the force level in peak Nm when using the linear mode
    enableFanatecWheelDisplay=0 ; Enable the use of Fanatec wheel displays
    enableG27WheelDisplay=0 ; Enable use of shift indicators on the G27 and clones
    enableHotPlug=1 ; Set to 0 to turn off usb hot plugging in case you have usb disconnect issues
    enableWheelDisplayBlink=1 ; Enable the display lights to blink when at the rev limit
    FFBAlwaysReset=0 ; Reset the force feedback every time you enter your car, may help with some wheels.
    FFBUseSimpleMinForce=0 ; 0 - Use smoothed min force, 1 - use old sharp min force
    forceNoiseSuppression=0 ; Remove noisy joystick axis, even if they are calibrated by hand
    forceResetBeforeStartup=0 ; Force a reset of the whole FFB system every time we create or destroy a FFB effect
    initialMoveThreshold=30 ; Minimal amount of motion needed to detect initial movement of a joystick when calibrating
    initOnlyNewDevices=1 ; Set to 0 to force all devices to reinitialize when a device change is detected
    invertFFBForce=0 ; Reverse the force feedback effects, if your wheel is spinning the wrong way
    reinitFanatecWheelDisplay=0 ; reinitialize the fanatec wheel display when reconnecting devices this may cause issues
    seperateXBox360Triggers=1 ; Set to 1 to seperate the XBox 360 joystick triggers into there own axes
    steerAverageSteeringTorque=0 ; True averages 360 Hz data down to 60 Hz, false uses last sample
    steeringBumpStop_Deg=10.000000 ; degrees into bump stop before max force
    steeringDampingFactor=0.050000 ; Damping factor adjust down if damping becomes unstable, defautlt to 0.05
    steeringDampingMaxPercent=0.000000 ; Maximum amount of damping to apply, adjust this to set damping level, values between 0.05 and 0.2 are best, overriden by damping slider
    steeringDampingParkedMaxPercent=0.050000 ; Maximum amount of damping to apply when parked, adjust this to reduce wheel oscilation when parked, values between 0.05 and 0.30 are best
    steeringFFBSmooth=1.000000 ; Percent of current FFB force to use vs average force, 1.0 = no average 0.001 = max average
    steeringForceParkedPct=0.500000 ; Reduce FFB force by percent when parked, to help reduce oscilations

SIMUCUBE
    upload_2019-1-23_21-30-59.png

upload_2019-1-23_21-31-29.png

GRANITY
    upload_2019-1-23_21-33-55.png

upload_2019-1-23_21-34-10.png
    upload_2019-1-23_21-34-26.png
    upload_2019-1-23_21-34-42.png
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    irFFB

https://github.com/nlp80/irFFB/releases

Here is a screenshot of my settings. I dont use the extra effects on the right but you can try if you want additional feedback. Normally 1-5 is enough with Mige motors as they are powerful enough to sense the effects.
    I do run a bit of dampening on cars depending which if I still get some oscillation on straights.
    i.e. Lotus79 I think I run dampening here around 10
    Ferrari GTE i run 7

Lots of info on this tool on the iRacing forums being discussed. Just pay attention since most of the folks that play with the effects and such are non direct drive users.

upload_2019-1-23_21-38-6.png
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Awesome matey I will give these a go when I get home from work, thank you !!

I'll let you know how I get on :)
  9. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    How goes it?
  10. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Sorry didnt get chance to try as in had to practice and race on rf2.

I will hopefully give it a try today
  11. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Didn't get chance ended up playing rf2 again lol
  12. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok got it setup and tested, well after I had a nightmare with my wheel , I updated IONI to latest firmware and the wheel wouldn't stop spinning no matter what granity or simucube settings I used. I ended up rolling back to the firmware version I had before and it was all good :)

@Sebj how the hell you cope with it at 45nm maybe im a weak old man but that was way too strong lol I put it upto 65nm and I got loads more detail than what I had, I could feel wheel slip and grip although it still feels really strong and it really wouldn't be in a Ferrari 488 but its deffo a 1000% better than what I had before . I only got about 10 minutes after all the problems so I will try again tomorrow hopefully :D I dont under stand the dampening but it felt better with it switched off completely, I need to test more ;)

Thanks dude you've been a great help :D
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    glad its better :) did you try irffb?
  14. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yeah used the exact same settings as you posted, you must have arms like popeye lol :D Just a bit too strong for my liking but like I say I could feel the wheels better and also it was rumbling about when I went off track. Still no curb rumble though , is there no effect for that ?
  15. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Great, glad you got it all working. You will get curbs but some cars it is very subtle, like the ferrari gte because it has power steering and the model is via the steering column with no added curbing effects.... but try a lotus79 or another car that you think should have less dampened suspension and you'll get them.
  16. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    hi, what did you end up with ?
  17. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    All same settings as yours apart from irFFb, I set it at 60nm and 0 dampening, I've only driven the 488GT3 not tried anything else it feels good .
  18. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Guys i also am having issues with IRacing, do you have the Big Mige SilentChill? EIDT: Small, i just noticed ;-)

Its ok, but when i touch the bording or go off track it almost kills me. For comparison, the FFB on my OSW 30nm is amazing in ACC, RFactor, Dirt Series and PJC2, well in that order.

Will try your settings Sebj, although i already did if i remember correctly, but you have the smallermige. I think there is some difference in feel...

Cheers
  19. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Big mige is a tad more dampened hence small mige is more active but ever so slightly. Sounds like perhaps your bump stop settings could be tweaked or the app.ini settings in the iracing folder.
    Big mige will have different settings in granity...I also run a sincos encoder.
    • Like Like x 1