1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

iRacing SCN5 100MM (Generic Profile)

Discussion in 'X-Sim² profiles' started by CXCSimulations, Aug 5, 2009.

1. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Profile Details
    Game: iRacing
    Intended Sim Hardware: 2 SCN5 Frex-Style design (On-Road)
    Actuators: 100mm
    25% Limiter: no
    Math Plugins Used: 1:1 G-Force, Logarithm Scaler
    Designed for Specific Vehicle: No - This is a good generic setup
    Includes Program Settings: No
    Includes Gauges: No
    Speed / Acceleration Values: Actuator Speed:22500 / Actuator Acceleration:700 (Turn this number up or down if you desire more or less road surface effects)

Tip: It is important to set the acceleration value above in the SCN5 Plugin Settings before using this profile. The profile was designed around these settings and will not feel realistic without them. YOU COULD DAMAGE YOUR ACTUATORS IF YOU DO NOT SET THE SPEED/ACCEL SETTINGS PROPERLY!

Usage agreement: I have posted these profiles here to help others get started more quickly. However, my profiles are not perfect. In exchange for my efforts in creating and posting this profile here, I ask that you post any improvements that you make to it or shortcoming that you discover with it here so that we can all benefit from each others experience.

Disclaimer: It's simple. If one of these profiles harms you or your equipment, I am sorry but am not liable in any way. Use this profile / setting combination at your own risk.

Quick Notes
    -This profile started life as a Star Mazda profile. It was developed by me and another, former Star Mazda driver. We tried to get it as close as we could remember to those cars. After trying it with other cars, we really liked it with all of the iRacing cars. Having driven a few of the different cars in iRacing in real life, I can say that this was as close as I could get it. I look forward to any modifications you guys can come up with.
    -You may find that there is too much Vertical for your liking. Simply drop the Vertical 1:1 G-Force line to between 10% and 60%
    -Thanks for this great profile template Bernard!

Attached Files:

2. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the setup chris, it rocks. anyway you could provide some more for the other sims??? :D
  3. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sure, I still have a ton of other work to do this week, but I'll try to do some more later. We're really busy in the shop trying to get sims ready for the Monterey Historics, but I'll try. Anybody going to be there?
  4. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that in cali??
  5. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's at Laguna Seca
  6. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol, a little bit across the country for me :( one year i'm sure i'll make it.
  7. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can I ask if this profile has some sort of percentage limiter if you know what I mean or does it use FULL length of actuator.
  8. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No it does not. It shouldn't matter though. The way I set it up, it never even get's close to full extent of the actuator.

You can add the %25 limiter though if it makes you feel more comfortable. I would suggest you try both ways and report here about how it affects the overall feel.
  9. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have changed yours profile to work with Live For Speed. I simply unchecked invert input value on effect 25: Lateral force from Right actuator and put that inverter on left actuator (same effect 25). Yours Profile is the best what i was using for now! I have created my own but it is nothing compare to Yours.

Only thing what i need is more force (pull) to the back when i am accelerating.
    Another thing what i want to test is better feeling of any surface changes, like when i am going out of track. I know that feeling from race car - theirs suspension is very hard and you can fell every deformation of the road especially out of track. What i have to changed - just to test it (maybe it is just OK right now).
  10. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the late reply. I still plan on developing this setup further. I have just been so busy with work recently. I promise to get to it when i have a little more time :)

Wow! That's great to hear. You should re-post that here with the title Live For Speed SCN5 100MM (Generic Profile) It would make it easier for people to find it.

I don't have a simulator running with X-Sim at the moment so I'm doing this from memory. I can't remember if I Split negative and positive in Longitudinal Force range. If I did, it means that one value is acceleration and one is breaking. Simply try decreasing one of the Maximum Values in the range section (which has the effect of increasing the action in the actuators). Make this adjustment large for now so you can really feel the difference. Remember to do this for both actuators. Try it your in the game and see if you found the correct value. Either braking or acceleration will be increased.

For track surface, I think that Vertical Force is the input value you want. Instead of changing the range value, try increasing the Intensity.

I hope this helps :)
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Is the roll (Effect 30) axis intentionally not inverted on one side? Is there a benefit to this? It seems that roll is being utilized as pitch? I would have expected one actuator to be inverted for effect 30 so that Roll produced a left<-->right motion, not a front<-->back motion. Everyone seems to love it, so there must be something to it. ;D
  12. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hehe, I forget now... It's been so long since I ran a sim with X-Sim (see new bug for commander). I'll have a look at it again. It does sound like a mistake though :)
  13. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Changes to Vertical Force works like you said - buy increasing intensity. I checked it and i get it back to original ones.

With Longitudinal Force everything is right with Grid and LFS but here i am not getting anything. In the input section it is: Sender input 27: Effekt 27: nothing. Thats why i thing this is not the profile problem but lack of informations from input. Actually i have some speed sense - when i am accelerating and speed is going higher actuators definitely pulling me slowly to the back.