1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Interfacing DIY shifter to Logitech controls.. How do I do it?

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by iWill, Sep 16, 2016.

1. iWill

iWill New Member

Retired [early]
    Balance:
    511Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have built several gear levers for use on my rig but always had to connect them to the PC as a separate USB device (emulating a keyboard) from the steering controls, and send keyboard info for gear shifts. I can see it should be possible to interface my DIY shifter to the Logitech steering control shifter input, but I haven't been able to find any indication that anyone else has done it.

How can I interface a DIY shifter to a Logitech G29?
  2. RomanST

RomanST New Member

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have a look at ISRTV dot COM forum thread named "DIY G25 shifter interface with H-pattern, sequential and handbrake modes". Cannot post a link since I am new user on this site... There is enough info to interface Logitech G25/G27/G29 wheelbase.

There is a small difference with G25/G27 and G29. G25/G27 shifters send buttons (including Reverse gear button) using SPI interface and G29 doesn't have it...
  3. iWill

iWill New Member

Retired [early]
    Balance:
    511Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks RomanST, this is exactly the information I needed. I'm familiar with the Teensy, I have several already, and will use one for this project. I hope to post details of my DIY shifter project soon, although initially, it will not feature the connection to the my G29.