1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

interface test fails

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jeroen, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Jeroen

Jeroen Member

Balance:
    - 33Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi,

So far... Ponyprog2000 runs now under vista x64.

Thank you Thanos for your file and help.

Now the problem is that if i try to test the interface like in Thanos's vids I get a failed message. Com-port is set to 3 cause I can not change that in ponyprog.
    I'm using a serial to usb-converter and have set that also to com3.

Hope I did a good job on the board. The green leds are on.

What can be the problem?

gr. Jeroen
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Take a screenshot of the error message and post it here (CTRL-Printscreen and paste into a Paint like program)

Does ponyprog detects correctly the ISP interface if you use the Probe button?

Thanos
  3. Jeroen

Jeroen Member

Balance:
    - 33Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi,

When I hit the probe button the error test failed appeared in a notice box. I just found out
    that is was a wrong setting in converter-software. Test passed...

Now I get the error message device missing or unknown device (-24). :? When reading the security bits...

gr. Jeroen
  4. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't test it myself with the FTDI serial adapter I have, cause in my system it takes COM5 while ponyprog uses up to COM4...

You can try setting the serial printer option on the adapter's configuration:

serialprinteroption.gif

If it works, you must expect to take some time fo the firmware to be downloaded on the chip cause the serial handshake protocol is emulated...!

What crystal you are using on the AMC? in some cases ATmega8535 chip doesn't work with 24Mhz crystal, and you have to use lower value crystal.

Try with these crystals also:
    22.1184 Mhz
    18.4320 Mhz
    14.3181 Mhz

Regards, Thanos