1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

il2 1946 Flight Sim

Discussion in 'Other games' started by king1hw, Jun 26, 2010.

1. king1hw

king1hw New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am looking for a profile to run il2 1946 Flight Combat Sim- I am using actuators one for pitch and one for yaw and a variable speed motor for roll. I have been using hard points to work the machine but game and simulator are not meshing.

Can anyone help.

Harry
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Please tell us a little about your simulator and possibly provide some pictures of it. It is possible to build a motion profile for almost any type of simulator using X-Sim, but it will be difficult for anyone to help you without knowing your simulator details (number of axis, configuration, etc..)

:cheers:
  3. king1hw

king1hw New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need a controller for 2 actuators one controlling pitch and the other yaw- both are 7 inch stroke. They will be set to the middle giving a 3.5 inch push then 3.5inch pull. Last will be a stepper motor that will control roll. I will have a prototype working by the end of July. Will the X-Sim program link with the position of the game or will it just control hard point movement. In the GT games that everyone is building for does it read the games and the bumps in the road and then sends that to whatever your base is powered by. I am new to posting so and have seen mainly driving sims. Does Xsom work in conjunction with the game?
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    X-Sim provides real position and force data from the games. Unfortunately, I don't have simulator that uses one actuator for pitch and the other for yaw, so I wont be much help. I suspect that very few people are using that style of simulator. You will probably be best served by taking a little time to install, configure and lear X-Sim so you can produce your own profiles for your unique simulator. It really isn't that hard once you understand the basic concepts.
  5. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    you becom velues from the play in realtime.a list for the effects from the il2 plugin http://www.x-simulator.de/beta/il2.html if you want i can help you to make a profil for your sim.x-sim say a position to the sim with 200 updates per second.but you can make a third
    axis in the profiler for use variable speed on your actuators.
  6. king1hw

king1hw New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be great. Will the actuator motors already attached work with the program? or do I need to change them out with a wiper motor or stepper motor.

I will be using a wiper motor (or high torque stepper) for rotation of the chair.