1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

I cannot get this to work

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by Brightonuk, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

Business Owner
    Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
    I am asking anyone with knowledge of X-Sim who would be willing to share my desktop to find why I cannot get this to work
    I have been trying for two weeks and nothing.
    Bernard has been trying to offer advice and help but the absolute frustration is now to the point I will take anyone who can troubleshoot this issue from my desktop.
    I have about 15 screen shots of error after error when using the Commander.
    So today I tried to get the actuator to move with just X-Sim and here is the result...ZERO

Following are the steps I took:
    Uninstalled X-Sim /Commander (for the forth time) and ran a reg clean to remove and entries.

Loaded X-Sim software
    Connected Left & right actuators
    Opened x- sim only
    Ran Force Profiler
    When loaded chair moved back slowly then shot forward

Ran the test tutorial and both actuators passed

Also from the interface settings menu:
    Tested one input in the input list
    scn5-sn-98004950 position out > Set at 15% > Set Output > Actuator responded
    scn5-sn-98004950 Acceleration > Set at 15% > Set Output > Actuator did not responded
    scn5-sn-98004950 Speed Output > Set at 15% > Set Output > Actuator did not responded

scn5-sn-98004953 position out > Set at 15% > Set Output > Actuator responded
    scn5-sn-98004953 Acceleration > Set at 15% > Set Output > Actuator did not responded
    scn5-sn-98004953 Speed Output > Set at 15% > Set Output > Actuator did not responded

Question: when I entered the actuator serial number in commander should I include the letters SN or just the numbers shown here
    (I entered the letters as well when I set up the commander)

Question: in all found interface plugins should the NO Plug be checked

Loaded Force sender

Set RFactor from dropdown
    Pointed to exe file

Tried to send data > Injector not detected after 15 mins I disconnected; I would assume this is a major issues what can I do next?
    Tried changing the IP address in the sender to match the IP in the profiler > Injector not detected

Tried to start game > Game loads no Actuator movement.

Gave Up had a drink kicked the Hamster

My set up is as follows
    Vista 32 & 64bit Dual Boot
    GTX 295 Graphics
    I7 Quad
    12g ram
    (I have been trying to get this to work in the 64 bit as I have the FREX software that works loaded on the 32 side)

I appreciate the superiority of the X-Sim software is but I just cannot get it to work

If anyone would be willing to try to talk me through this PLEASE call me 954.581.1785

Thanks for ANY help anyone can offer
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Please do not enter the SN characters into the Commander Setup Wizard. The only letter acceptable letter that I have ever seen in the serial number is an A. In the case of your serial number above, just enter the 98004953 and 98004953 portions of the serial number. I will add logic to future versions of the Commander to automatically strip unecessary portions of the serial number if accidentally entered.

If you entered anything other than the numeric serial numbers (or serial numbers beginning with an A (Not Applicable in your case)) that I mentioned above into the Commander then this is the reason why you are having difficulty with it. However, this should not affect your attempt at using only X-Sim without the Commander. There is likely to be some other issue here as well since X-Sim alone is not working on your PC.

Here are a couple of common things that people overlook that I will address in the next version of the Commander:

-Is the xsimplugin.dll in your c:\program files (x86)\rfactor\plugins folder?

-If you are using GTR2, has the [drivername].plr file been altered to contain usesharedmem=1 instead of the default usesharedmem=0?