1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question HyperAxis Interface

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by Mu-KwangKim, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Mu-KwangKim

Mu-KwangKim Run, Run, Run SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 689Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, SCN5, SCN6, Joyrider, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    HyperAxis interface, what is different from SCN?

Is there any other function than reverse homing?

At first I thought all the actuators had the ability to wait until the end of homing, but that does not seem to be the case.

(Actually, I need to wait until all the actuators are homing, then centering them at the same time.)
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,146Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    The HyperAxis is a 'set length' driver.
    It does not need to scan to see how long itself is, as it made for a given length.
    These things are beefed up SCN actuators but have a delicate bussing in one end. (As I understand it)
    This Interface driver is designed to protect that bushing.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  3. Mu-KwangKim

Balance:
    - 689Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, SCN5, SCN6, Joyrider, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    @yobuddy Ah ... too ... So the 150mm or other length did not move properly.

Can not you add the ability to center all actuators simultaneously on the HyperAxis interface?

4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,146Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    The HyperAxis driver is setup to be hard coded for 100mm actuators.
    Sure we could set it up for more lengths.
    But the length is hard coded for this Interface, so i would need to know the set length (in steps) for any other length we want to add.

The HyperAxis is compatible with the SCN Interface thou, so if you want it to auto-center, just use the scn interface for them.

Take care,
    yobuddy
  5. Mu-KwangKim

Balance:
    - 689Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @yobuddy Sorry, not enough explanation.

Well... not yet, I do not have the simultaneous centering function I want.

For example, when you exit from different position... When homing again, centering is done separately timing.

I do wanted...When homing, it is necessary to wait for the end of homing of all the actuators and to center it once.

This feature will be very helpful in traditional 4Axis (DBox) or 6Axis (Stewart) Style.

Think about it once ~

6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,146Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    But it centers after every game, and before every game.
    So they should all do the same thing at the same time.
    Unless you have a sim with different length actuators here and there?
    yobuddy