1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

how far are you with this? (keep it in english plz)

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by thomas earl, Apr 9, 2007.

1. thomas earl

thomas earl New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sinds my german isnt what it used to be and some of us dont know any of it,the questions keep mounting.
    so my biggest Q is,how far are you guys with getting the software to work with electric actuators.
    and if so what what specs do i need to look for when looking for for electric actuators?
    ive been busy lately on building a frex like platform and im getting to the point to make it to move.
    i could go pneumatic,but the noise is an issue here in the house.(20 gallon aircompressor makes a deafening noise).
    were electric in my opinion is not as loud.
    so when/if i get one of these usb boards, is it posible to get it to run electric actuators or how far are you getting with this project?
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Thomas,

The current interface boards arent compatible with the electric actuators (as long you want to have dynamic accellerations and speeds).

I wrote something regarding the development stage in the SimforceGT thread. The project is going forward, but I cant tell you, how long it will take, still.

For now, the new interface Board will just support the nanotec L42*actuator. Its quite difficult to get the steppers working because every stepper needs a configuration (unlike DC Motors). Maybe someday there will be an option to connect other steppers, but for now we only try to get the L42* working ;)

regards