1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

How do i use x-sim?????

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by Mezamphetamine, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Mezamphetamine

Mezamphetamine New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey,
    i am feeling really dumb right now but how do you use this program?? all i want to do is use it to control a virtual dash and virtual wind system. currently i am using dirt 2 to test to see if i can get any outputs but nothing is working. i can get the sender to detect the game but that is it. the dirt2 plugin never detects a race starting and i am having no luck getting any of my test gauges to work. what am i doing wrong?????

thanks,
    Mez
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what control board are you using?
  3. Mezamphetamine

Mezamphetamine New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no board yet, i want to make sure i can get data from the game first :p
    i cant even get it to send to the force profiler
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you will need a control board to get even some action from x-sim, even for dashboard use.
    Perhaps start with this thread arduino-dashboard-wip-t3332.html if you are designing a dashboard. I have not built a dashboard, so I cannot advise, but from what I have read, you will have to get a board onto the x-sim program. I believe the data is there in game though.

If you are trying to run motors with x-sim, you will definately need a control board.
  5. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    If you need instruction to send data for particular game. Go in the Manuel in top right end of profiler interface. Click index and the game for instructions to set up the particular game. You can send data on virtual gauges . For that see also in the index for gauges. Hope this help.