1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Dream comes true- 2DOF + Traction loss -RIP

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Michail, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Michail

Michail Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    I have a question, installing the switches in the 24V DC line to IBT 2 was not the solution.
    I need to turn on the 230v for each 24V supply in turn.

I think I will put a 24v relay for the next 230v supply. So the first 24v => activate the relay for the next 230v and the 24v from the second activate the relay for 230v for the third supply ...and so on.

Maybe this will help.

Is it possible with the arduino uno the IBT2 to start the motor softly?
    Imidetly when I turn on the power on all the motors go to rest position. If it is connected to a game, all motors go to 50%.
  2. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Hello everyone.

I recently installed a Mean Well ICL-16L and since then, I haven't had any issues with my fuses and circuit breakers.

Now, I'm looking to add a heavy-duty assist for the 3rd degree of freedom (DOF) heave, in addition to traction loss. I also want to incorporate surge.

For the heave, I'm considering using a bike shock absorber or perhaps one from an electric scooter. However, I'm not sure about the specification of 400lb/inch – it seems like it might be too stiff.

Another option I'm thinking about is @noorbeast's heavy-duty tilt mechanism. The challenge is integrating it with the U Joint, especially since I can't weld. I need to find conventional solutions.

I've also thought about using a gas lift from a chair, but it would require continuously pressing the release button.

Does anyone have other suggestions? Perhaps a gas damper like the one DOF Reality uses for their H6 model? I believe those have a force of 400N each.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  3. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Hello everyone,

This will be my final post in this thread, as I have upgraded my 2DOF + Traction loss setup to a pure 3DOF following the design of Simukit SK1.

I wanted to share my 3DOF prototype with you all through the following video. It's just a lap at Le Mans at 100% intensity and in VR. The headset I'm using is a Pimax Crystal, and for motion compensation, I'm utilizing OpenXR MC, with the right controller of the Pimax Crystal serving as the tracker, mounted via a self-designed 3D printed bracket. Enjoy, and soon, when the rig is complete, I'll present it in a new thread.

• Like Like x 1