1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Homemade Sim Setup Hardware Questions

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Monkey108, May 10, 2020.

1. Monkey108

Monkey108 New Member

Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Just had a few (large amount that will keep on coming) questions about creating a sim setup.
    Wanting to include in the finished product:
    DD Wheel (Stepper Motor)
    H-pattern 10 speed
    Sequential shifter
    Handbrake (hydraulic drift type)
    3 Pedals vertically down (wii fit load cell brake, potentiometer accelerator/clutch)

Links included:
    Is this suitable (STM32F407VET6)?
    For the motor I have found this (Nema 24 Stepper Motor 4Nm 3A 8-wire)?
    To power the motor I have found this (DM556)?
    For a power supply I have old computer psu with 900w at 12v. Can this be safely converted as required up or down using similar to this?
    Is this encoder suitable (OMRON E6B2-CWZ6C 2000p/r)?

I have buttons and switches that I can use.
    How will buttons connect to STM32 and then computer?
    How many buttons will this work for?
    Can a larger motor be dropped in later, assuming an upgrade in controller?
    Will this board need an stm programmer?
    How is this board powered (usb?)?

Will this all work together? Looking to build this at an extreme budget, hence the stepper motor. Will all cost (hopefully) less than $200 AUD

If non of this is suitable, are there any suggestions, keeping the price below $200 AUD shipped (maybe $300 at the most).

Note: shipping and availability to Australia.

Cheers all.
  2. Monkey108

Monkey108 New Member

Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are there any in depth guides on this?
    Trying to understand, but seems like everyone that creates these wheel are overseas and don't write in english. Google translate is not the best for learning either.
    Cheers.