1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Help with my SCN5 suddenly stopping in the middle of use...

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by floripaoliver, Mar 16, 2017.

1. floripaoliver

floripaoliver New Member

What? Do I need to work?
    Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi guys,

I have a strange problem and need some help from you all since I cant figure it out. I have a Stage 1 Kit from SimXperience with two SCN5s and the SX-3000 which I have adapted basically to Stage 2 with some own stuff.

My Rig is about 2 years working flawless with the SimCommander Software as well as with SimTools. I moved my Rig a couple of days ago from one room to another in the same house. I used all cables, PC etc. the same. Once installed all I started getting problems right away.

Problem: I start my Motion Software (does not matter which one) and startup any game (AC or LFS etc.) all works for a moment but after either 30 seconds or up to 10 minutes suddenly BOTH SCNS stop working in the position as they are. They just STOP (freeze) I do not get any error message or the log files show anything unnormal. I can restart my entire Rig and Motion Software and all happen agian and again.

When I move the intensity down to 10% I can easy use it for one hour without an issue but when I use only about 30-50% intensity I can be sure it is going to stop at one point. Having said that my profiles are certinaly conservative and they have not changed in months and never had a problem.

I switched already all cables out, I reinstalled all software (but again this happen to any software for me)

I try to get some support from SimXperience but until now have no success and or reasonable explanation for my problem.

Is there any way to figure out what happens? Maybe over or under voltage? Maybe the SX3000 or my SCN I dont know what to do anymore. Maybe some way to protocol or log what happens with SimTools or any other tool?

I really appreciate any tip i can get because right now I have a 80 pound iron monster in my office which does not work anymore :)
  2. floripaoliver

floripaoliver New Member

What? Do I need to work?
    Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    You are actually right about this. I did open my SX-3000 and found a pretty much common power supply which I found even here in Brasil without a hazzle. I bought it for US$20 ;) and swapped it out. Since than all working perfect again and I did a couple of hours without the SCN5s leaving me once. I am 99% sure it is solved but did not have the time I wish to test more around. I will give here another feedback in a couple of days with final thoughts about it.

:cool::)
  3. ZKILLA

ZKILLA Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5, SCN6
    Have you solve it?I have similar problem