1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Help me with desktop gauge

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by alexsplanet, Apr 5, 2010.

1. alexsplanet

alexsplanet New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please, can anybody give me an instruction how to make a desktop gauge for lfs. I read the documentation and make everything like in documentation, but it doesn't work((((. And else one question: is there a more detailed documentation than on this forum?

1). Run lfs from force sender with lfs plugin and changed cft.conf file as it is recommended in instruction.
    2). Then start force profiler with gauge.

But the gauge's values are static when I drive.

What else should I do?

Thanks
  2. alexsplanet

alexsplanet New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could anybody help?
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Afair, there are two similar config files in different folders. You have to make the changes to both of them.

As well you have to be in cockpit-view of your own car to get values.

Btw, did you press try send data in the Force-Sender?
    By pressing the button you should at least see changing values in the Profiler input-setup.
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    If you didn't already, you need to edit the cfg.txt file in the LFS folder. Set the following values:

OutGauge Mode 1
    OutGauge Delay 1
    OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
    OutGauge Port 4124
    OutGauge ID 0

I have seen some differing recommended values for this, so please be sure that your as set as above.